Best Chicken Appetizer Recipes
Serve the Best Chicken Appetizer Recipes
Sometimes dinner consists of something rather filling, such as a vegetable lasagna recipe you have been waiting to try for quite a while. Selecting an appetizer is easier than it seems because chicken appetizers have eye appeal and can be prepared in so many different ways. They are lighter than many appetizers and chicken is an incredibly delicious, nutritious, low fat meat. Savory taste does not have to be filling, just enough to get the family and guests thinking of dinnertime, the main meal, and appreciation that it is something other than chicken, which would be a bit much.
Chicken mini-tostadas are delightful appetizers and very easy to fix. Put some shredded jack or mozzarella cheese on small round tortilla chips and pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Add shredded chicken on top of the cheese and cover with a dab of fresh salsa or sour cream. Serve immediately. They are quick and easy to make, so if you run out and dinner is still cooking, make another batch. Chances are this might become one of your favorite appetizers because they go with so many things, such as vegetable pizza, Chinese food, green salad, or potato salad.
Chicken salad cracker bites are another special treat and just as easy to make. Fix your favorite chicken salad mix ahead of time. Chop vegetables and chicken into small pieces to help avoid spills. Use your favorite small crackers and spread some mix on one cracker. Place another cracker on top of it and serve with green and black olives on the side of each row of crackers. Delightful!
Photo Credit: All images are credited to © Various through Dreamstime.com own license
When you are looking for a snack to serve your hungry guests, popcorn chicken is one of the best chicken appetizer recipes you will have. Here is a simple and delicious recipe that you will be able to make quickly in your own kitchen.
Best Chicken Appetizer
If you are planning a movie night with the family, having guests over for the weekend or have a play date with the kids you will need lots of snacks to go around. Popcorn chicken makes the best chicken appetizer for kids as they can just pick up a bite-sized piece and pop it in their mouths.
Popcorn chicken also makes a good hors d’oeuvre for a holiday meal to give your guests something to tide them over until the meal is served. To make this popcorn chicken recipe gather together the following ingredients boneless skinless chicken breasts, an egg, flour, Cajun spice mix and Crisco shortening.
The directions below will lead you in the preparation of the best chicken appetizer around. These go great all by themselves or served on a lazy Susan with olives, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and perhaps rolled up lunchmeat and cheese.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup Crisco
- Begin by mixing your flour and seasonings in a mixing bowl until they are well blended. Then in a separate bowl, whisk your egg until well mixed.
- Next, take your chicken breasts and cut them into ½ inch cubes. You can make them larger or smaller, depending on the texture you are looking for. Smaller cuts will be crispy, while larger ones will be juicier.
- When this is done, take your Crisco and begin to heat it over medium high heat. As this warms up, begin to dip each of your chicken pieces through the egg yolk and then place them in the flour. It is essential that you do this one piece at a time to avoid them lumping together.
- Once your oil has heated up, taking several pieces of chicken at a time and place them in the oil. Then allow them to cook on one side for about 3 minutes, then flip them over and ensure you get a nice golden brown color. Once that is done, place them on a paper towel, and allow the oil to drip off a little before serving one of the best chicken appetizer recipes you will have ever had.
Chicken is no doubt one of the most popular meats that people use in cooking.
Best Chicken Appetizer Recipes
Chicken is no doubt one of the most popular meats that people use in cooking. It is very versatile and as a result, many people look to make some delicious chicken appetizer recipes with it. These options can vary anywhere from a simple grilled chicken recipes and can go as far as including chicken salad recipes as well.
As you are making these dishes, you do need to focus on the flavors you are adding. Chicken is a meat that has a light flavor and when you add spices to it, a lot of the flavor is really soaked up. It is because of that, you are going to find that you need to be sure that you focus on how much seasoning is going into you dish.
With that in mind, you are going to find that the best chicken appetizer recipes will be ones that offer a simple set of seasonings and will not be too complicated for you to make in the process. As an added benefit, when you stick with the basics, you also get flavors that have been tested for quite some time, without having to worry about any unpleasant flavors or aspects that can be less than appetizing.
Keep in mind that you are going to have plenty of recipes that will be consider chicken appetizer recipes, just be sure that you take into account that you can also make main dishes like a chicken cordon bleu and cut it into pieces if you want to get creative in this process.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup cubed green peppers
- ½ cup cubed onion
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound cooked rice
- Everything will need to be in 1 inch cubes, so you will want to take a minute to ensure that you have all this set up. Then take your skewers and begin to prepare your kabobs. You will begin with a piece of chicken, and then slide on an onion.
- Next, take you will take a piece of green pepper and follow it with a tomato. You will do this until you have a full kabob set to be placed on the grill or in the broiler. Brush your skewered items with the butter and then top it with the teriyaki sauce.
- Place them either in the broiler for about 6 minutes or on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning them once half way through, ensuring the chicken is fully cooked. Then serve them on top of your cooked rice and enjoy one of the best chicken appetizers around.
What Makes Chicken Appetizers Wonderfully Unique?
While you might know that the flavors of chicken appetizer recipes can satisfy even the hungriest guest, you might not understand what really makes them unique. The fact of the matter is that chicken is one of the most universal foods. You can use it to make a hearty food like a baked chicken rice recipe or you can have a light and sweet dish like an orange chicken recipe. It is because of this, that many cultures and cooking experts will turn to it in place of any other type of protein.
That can of course be combined with the preparation methods as well. What you are going to find is that you can cover it in flour, bake it, or even grill it and each method will bring out new flavors in the chicken as well. That means you can continue to create a series of dishes and never run out of exciting flavor combinations possible.
Best of all, your guests are going to enjoy the fact that each chicken appetizer recipe you make will be light and easy to consume. That means you can have popcorn chicken they can toss in their mouths or even chicken kabobs they can much on and both will be unique and have quite a bit of flavor your guests can enjoy and you will have the comfort of knowing there isn’t too much time that goes into making them as well.
Appetizers are an Essential Part of Any Social Gathering
Types of Chicken Appetizers
When you are looking at chicken appetizer recipes, you are going to find that they can essentially be broken down into several main categories. Here is a breakdown of some of the types of chicken appetizers you will find.
These will be items that are typically lightly breaded and then placed inside of hot oil until they reach a golden brown color. Items like chicken fingers and popcorn chicken will be some of these items that you can find.
Chicken appetizer recipes in a dip form are ones that blend shredded chicken with a sauce and served with crackers or chips. This will be items like pulled chicken blended with queso and salsa.
The appetizers can be a selection with chicken on an actual bed of lettuce or you will find a blend of chicken, spices, and typically mayo to create an appetizer that can be served on breads or crackers to be enjoyed.
Chicken wings are a very common type of appetizer. These are wings that are cooked directly in hot oil typically and are either served with a sauce on them or naked with a light seasoning.
With this style of recipes, an outer pastry such as a puff shell or even an eggroll wrap may be used. They are then filled with a chicken mixture and served to guests hot.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the styles of chicken recipes you are going to come across when you make appetizers.
Do You Like Chicken Appetizer Recipes?
Health and Nutritional Values of Chicken Appetizers
Depending on the style of choice of the chicken appetizer recipes you are looking to make, you are going to find that each of them has a different set of values. It is important to look at some of the common factors and values when you are looking to make any of these recipes.
For example, a set of fried chicken breast strips can have as many as 400 calories. With them, you are going to have 24 grams of fat, 30 carbs and around 22 grams of protein. However, if you choose to bake them instead and only lightly bread them, you can drop the fat to 8 grams, the carbs in turn will go down to about 12 and the calories down to about 315.
Buffalo wings are another of the common chicken appetizers that you will find. Each wing will typically have 52 calories, 3 grams of fat with 1 carb, 7 grams of protein and 225mg of sodium. That makes them an okay choice to snack on for an appetizer.
What you are going to find is that in general, the nature of chicken appetizers is considerably healthier than cheese, beef, and other deep fried options you can choose from. That makes them an excellent choice for serving your guests when you are preparing to host a party or other event and since many of them are easy to make, you can be sure that you end up with a hit at your function.
The History of Chicken Appetizers
While the actual origins of chicken appetizers could have occurred at any time from the first period of their domestication in 3200 B.C. we find that is also around the time when the earliest forms of appetizers were actually introduced to the culinary world.
Therefore, items like fried chicken can be linked back hundreds of years, but modern versions of them such as they chicken nugget or strip only goes back as far as 1950 when McDonald’s introduced these foods as part of their staple menu.
In turn, the Buffalo wing also has a more modern association with discovery. There are actually several legends on its origins that date back to 1960 and have them placed in a series of different bars and restaurants for their origins. No matter who created it, it is certainly one of the most popular choices people have for appetizers.
Of course, not all the appetizers you find have modern roots. One of the most popular chicken appetizers is the chicken quesadilla. This was invented back in 732 B.C. by the Incas and has long since been a popular treat in the Mexican culture that has crossed the border and made its way to the American people who love it as well.
Over time, the different chicken appetizer recipes have grown and become more complex as new cooking methods and seasonings are being blended together. Where this delicious sampling of foods ends up in the future will be questionable, but the delicious flavors of the chicken are certain to shine in them.
The Best Chicken Recipes (Best Recipe Classic)
by The Editors of Cook’s Illustrated
Chicken is one of the most-used ingredients in the world, which is one reason there are so many recipes for it. It is all too easy to fall into the trap of making the same chicken dishes over and over again. This book will not only inspire you with a whole range of exciting new chicken recipes, but it also explains how to ensure your chicken comes out perfect every time. Chicken is lean and therefore easy to dry out if you are not careful, but apply the techniques in this cookbook and your chicken is sure to be juicier and more delicious. Reviewers especially like the ‘chicken 101’ section which answers all your chicken cooking related questions, as well as the range of cooking methods which even include grilling and slow cooking. This book makes a great gift for any keen home cook, and it also makes a worthy addition to your own cookbook collection.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)