Simple Four Ingredient Baked Brie Appetizer
The taste of baked brie and cranberry sauce together is a mouthwatering combination. The brie is soft and gooey and the cranberry sauce is slightly sharp and tart. They really do complement each other wonderfully, both in texture and flavor, and some crispy filo pastry around this combination makes this snack the ideal appetizer! So, what is filo pastry exactly? Well, it is a type of crunchy pastry that is versatile and easy to work with. It is best to use store-bought filo pastry with this recipe, since it is widely available. Making it is possible but a lot of work so, for similar results, just use the store-bought filo.
There are many different recipes using filo pastry that you can try and you can use either savory or sweet fillings. If you enjoy cheese and a baked brie recipe sounds good to you, you are sure to love the following recipe. The cranberry sauce is amazing in this baked brie appetizer. You can buy readymade brie cheese appetizers but why buy them when making your own is so easy, requires so few ingredients and the results are always better?
The cranberry sauce gives these filo pastry appetizers a tangy bite and the cheese melts wonderfully inside the pastry. These are great served warm but they are also tasty when they have cooled down, so they would be fine left out on a buffet table. People will be able to tell what is inside them because brie filo pastry appetizers are so well known.
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 2 packs brie cheese, each cut into four equal-sized pieces
- 8 oz melted butter
- 4 oz cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush each sheet of filo pastry with some melted butter.
- Fold the pastry in half and brush once more with the butter.
- Place a piece of brie in the center of each pastry.
- Top the cheese with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
- Wrap the pastry over the cheese and seal it well.
- Brush the parcels with the rest of the melted butter.
- Arrange the 8 pastries on a greased baking tray and bake* for 10 to 15 minutes.
- These are delicious served either hot or cold.
- Arrange them on a plate with some fresh salad leaves to serve.
You can see how appealing and crunchy these cranberry brie appetizers look in the photo and you will not be disappointed with the results when you make these. Served alone or on a bed of salad greens, everybody will want to sample one of these gourmet treats. You can make these brie filo pastry appetizers for a buffet, for a dinner party or simply when you want to make something easy yet extra special for your loved ones. You only need four ingredients so even if you are a complete novice in the kitchen you will not have any problem making or cooking these little snacks.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)