Baked Brie Appetizer
Baked Brie appetizers are the perfect party food. Baked brie is a puffy cheese filled pastry that is perfect for dipping and makes a great finger food appetizer for a dinner party or special event. Try this baked brie appetizer recipe for a delicious appetizer that will disappear before your eyes. Baked brie is also great for family night or as a special treat for the kids after school!
As well as the cheese, you will need puff pastry, lemon juice and raspberry jam, which were perhaps not the ingredients you were expecting, but just consider how brie goes as well with a sweet flavor as it does with a savory one. Brie and camembert are often served with a redcurrant sauce, which is why we are using raspberry jam in the recipe.
The jam is combined with lemon juice to add a tart taste and stop it from being too sweet, and then that mixture serves as your dipping sauce. These love little snacks can be served as finger food, but serve them warm in this case instead of hot, since you will not want anyone to burn their mouths.
Do You Like Baked Brie Appetizers?
- ⅔ cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb thawed puff pastry
- ¾ lb brie cheese cut into 24 wedges
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry to ⅛ inch thickness and then cut it into 24 squares.
- Roll the cheese wedges in the pastry squares, tucking in the ends.
- Arrange them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Melt the butter and brush it on the pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- While the pastry is baking, heat the jam and lemon juice in a pan and serve this as a warm dipping sauce.
Photo Credit: Photo by Kissay, on Flickr
This is a very simple recipe you can make with puff pastry, either store-bought or homemade, along with brie cheese, and it is an oven-baked appetizer, so you can pop them in the oven and just forget about them until they are done. Let them cool for a few minutes while you warm up the 2 ingredients you need for the dipping sauce, and that is it. If you are looking for an unusual appetizer to serve at a party then consider this. The photo shows how lovely they are, and that golden color is sure to appeal to absolutely everyone.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13789 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)