Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls
Are you looking for holiday appetizer ideas? Fresh green salads, potato salads and chips often make the best barbeque appetizer because they are so quick and easy on the person throwing the barbeque. Finding affordable recipes to make for a barbeque appetizer is too time-consuming sometimes. It’s just easier to toss a salad, or chop some fruits and veggies up than it is to cook a variety of appetizers.
If you are having a barbeque and you want some easy party appetizers to make then chips and salsa is often your best friend. You don’t need to be fancy, just make a trip to the store and head down the snack aisle. No one expects a fancy dish or French appetizer when you are throwing a barbeque. Such a snack can be anything cold or room temperature. Rarely do you find hot barbeque appetizers because it is usually hot outside during barbeque season.
A good barbeque appetizer can just be good old-fashioned chips, fruit salad, potato or pasta salad, or something light and easy. Throw out the old red and white checkered table cloth and toss out a bowl of chips and some salad varieties. If you want to take the next step though and offer not just staple snacks but something extra-special, consider making a quesadilla appetizer to really wow everyone. If the barbeque is taking its sweet time to heat up and your guests are already hungry, bring out this homemade quesadilla and it will go down a treat. This quesadilla appetizer is simple to make and the flavor is incredible.
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the crescent dough.
- Split the dough into 16 triangles in total.
- Cut each triangle lengthwise in half so you have 32 pieces.
- Spread each dough triangle with 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll them up, starting at the short end of the triangle.
- Put them point-side down on a baking sheet and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Crescent roll dough is really versatile. In this recipe it is wrapped around bacon and cheese, before being baked in the oven to make hot appetizers which just melt in the mouth. Onion and parsley go into the bacon and cheese mixture to add more flavor accents and then you need to divide up the dough, add this tasty filling, and bake them in a hot oven. Whether you serve these at your next dinner party or potluck gathering, have them as a snack, or even pop one or two in your mouth as a breakfast treat, the flavor is sure to delight you.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)