Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Appetizer Recipe
Asparagus appetizer recipes are perfect for social gatherings and dinner parties. A Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Appetizer Recipe is the perfect low carb appetizer that your guests are sure to fall in love with.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
If you like bacon and delicious asparagus you’ll love this wonderful appetizer. Simply perfect slightly salty crunchy bacon wrapped around tender cooked asparagus. What could be more taste perfect than this?
It’s the perfect party appetizer for Saint Paddy’s day or any party.
So easy to prepare it will fast become a party favorite. The combined slightly salty bacon and delicate asparagus, gives good reason to enjoy that cold Irish beer too. Be sure to make a large serving platter of these tasty morsels so guests can truly enjoy the flavors.
These are best served hot to really appreciate the bacon flavor mingled with asparagus. So make these just before guests arrive and keep them warm for true taste appeal. Arrange on a pure white serving platter for beautiful presentation appeal. Then simply sit back and get ready for rave reviews by all your lucky guests.
Guests will beg for this easy recipe for their next party. These will surely garner approval from every leprechaun and bring the luck of the Irish.
Do You Like Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Appetizers?
- 5 bacon strips, halved longways
- 10 spears fresh asparagus
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the asparagus spears and arrange them on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with pepper and turn to coat.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each spear and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over a medium-low heat for 8-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning occasionally.
- Remove and discard the toothpicks and serve hot.
Photo Credit: My Recipe: Bacon-Please-Hug-Me-Your-Asparagus by dahon, on Flickr
You can wrap all kinds of things in bacon, and examples include shrimp, scallops and wieners, but this recipe makes use of asparagus, which offers not only a contrasting flavor, but also something really attractive and bright-colored, as the photo shows. These are delicious when char-grilled, to add a nice smoky flavor to them, but if the weather is not good for grilling then simply bake them in a 375 degrees F oven for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the asparagus is crisp-tender. These are best served hot, but they are also nice warm.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37780 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29241 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24694 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21799 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21331 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15160 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13796 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13362 Views)