Warm Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Feta and Cilantro
These delicious stuffed mushrooms contain a tasty blend of cheese, bell pepper, and cilantro, making them colorful as well as fragrant. Fresh basil also goes nicely with the other ingredients, if you want to substitute that for the fresh cilantro. Portobello mushrooms are nice to use for this stuffed mushrooms recipe but you could use another type if you prefer. Choose mushrooms with curved caps, as opposed to flat cap ones, because the hold the filling better.
Perhaps you have made a stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe before and this earthy flavored stuffed mushrooms recipe is just as versatile. When it comes to appetizer recipes stuffed mushrooms are very popular. In fact, you could use tomatoes or zucchini instead of the mushrooms or make some of each. These stuffed portobello mushrooms have the advantage of being healthy as well as delicious. Whether or not you want a healthy appetizer recipe, this one will be great because it is tasty but will not fill your guests up too much to let them enjoy their entree.
These stuffed mushrooms are easy party appetizers and they look cute too. If you are catering for vegetarians or you want a vegetarian appetizer such as this stuffed mushrooms dish, this is ideal before any main course.
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup wholegrain breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon concentrated tomato puree
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the mushrooms stems off and chop the stems.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a pan for a minute, then sauté the chopped mushroom stems for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Put the rest of the olive oil in the pan and brown the mushrooms all over, then bake them on a greased baking tray, stem side upwards, for 15 minutes.
- Mix the mushroom stems with the liquid that has collected inside the baked mushroom caps, the feta, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, concentrated tomato puree, and red pepper flakes.
- Add all except one teaspoon of the cilantro.
- Stuff each mushroom with this mixture and return the stuffed mushrooms to the baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes and serve them warm, with the remaining cilantro sprinkled over the top.
If you are looking for vegetarian appetizer recipes stuffed mushrooms is a good choice. These delicious morsels are tasty enough to be a great party appetizer without being too filling. Stuffed portobello mushrooms taste wonderful because you have the earthiness of the mushrooms combined with other flavorful ingredients. The fresh cilantro gives this stuffed mushroom recipe a special flavor and they look delicious too. Serve them warm so your guest will enjoy their wonderfully mouthwatering aroma. These easy party appetizers are definitely one of our most popular party appetizer recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)