Warm Bruschetta Appetizers with Oven Roasted Vegetables
If you are among the millions of people who love Italian food, you are going to adore this delicious bruschetta appetizer recipe. Bruschetta appetizers are ideal before any type of entree and they are also great at buffets. Mini bruschetta appetizers are delicious without being too filling and they make a nice change from garlic bread or plain bread and butter. Roasted vegetables have an incredible flavor and, in the following recipe, lightly oven roasted vegetables are combined with toasted French bread to make this delicious appetizer recipe.
Bruschetta has been made in central Italy since at least the 1400s. This delicious snack consists of garlic-rubbed bread, topped with salt, black pepper, and olive oil. There are lots of variations and other popular toppings include beans, tomato, vegetables, chili pepper, cheese, cured meat, and herbs. Mozzarella, basil, tomato, and garlic are great together on appetizer recipes for bruschetta. Bruschetta is thought to have been invented as a way to use up stale bread, since it is toasted and the stale flavor is disguised with the strong flavors of olive oil and garlic.
In the United States, bruschetta is usually topped with garlic, onion, tomatoes, and herbs. This is one of the most easy party appetizers, which is famous all over the world today because of the wonderful contrasts. The soft topping is great with the crispy bread and the flavors of fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion and more blend together beautifully. This is a classic appetizer recipe. If you do not have any fresh herbs you can use dried herbs instead but you will need a lot less. Feel free to substitute different herbs. You might want to use only basil or leave out the thyme or use another herb combination.
- 2 long French baguettes
- 4 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- ½ red bell pepper, in thin slices
- 30 black olives, no stones
- 6 minced cloves garlic
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice each baguette into 15 slices.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast them until they are golden.
- Rub the garlic over the bread, and then divide the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, onion, basil, rosemary, and thyme between them.
- Drizzle the oil over the top and toast for a couple of minutes or until the topping is just warm. Serve immediately.
Bruschetta is a combination of raw or oven roasted vegetables with crispy French bread. This classic appetizer recipe is always popular and if you use tomatoes, bell pepper, olives and more, you will make really colorful bruschetta appetizers, which your guests will adore. The aromatic herbs make these even more delicious and the French bread makes a great base for the vegetable mixture on top. You can add some mozzarella to the bread before adding the topping if you fancy. Use good quality extra virgin olive oil when making bruschetta appetizer recipes because you can taste the difference.
One Response to Warm Bruschetta Appetizers with Oven Roasted Vegetables
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)