Warm Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans
This delicious baked brie with cranberries appetizer is many people’s favorite way to start a meal. The creamy rich brie combines nicely with the sweet and slightly tart cranberry and a few chopped pecans add another contrasting flavor and texture. Filo pastry is easy to work with and these are easy party appetizers. The amounts of cranberry jelly and brie can vary but do not overfill the filo parcels, else they might split, and the filling will spill out.
This baked brie with pecans and cranberry appetizer is nice served warm. Let them rest for ten minutes after baking so they are not too hot when you serve them. Brie with cranberry jelly is a classic dish and this winning combination is served in many restaurants. With the following easy appetizer recipe for baked brie parcels, you can recreate this classic dish at home for a buffet or sit-down dinner.
Since you are using readymade pastry, these filo parcels are really simple. You just need to fill them and bake them until they are hot, golden, and crispy, then serve them on a bed of lettuce. This is one of our fancy appetizer recipes and these brie bites look more difficult to make than they actually are, which is always a nice impression to give!
- 4 ½ oz brie
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 2 oz melted butter
- 1 small jar cranberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Lettuce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the filo pastry sheets into 6 inch squares and put 3 squares on top of one another at an angle, so you get a 12 pointed star shape.
- Brush some melted butter over the top and put a teaspoon of brie in the middle of each pastry.
- Top with some cranberry jelly and sprinkle some pecans over the top. Collect the pastry corners to join up and make a little parcel, then press at the neck to seal.
- Repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
- Grease a baking tray and brush the brie and cranberry parcels with some melted butter, then bake for 10 or 15 minutes until golden and serve hot on a bed of lettuce.
Baked brie with cranberries is a wonderful appetizer. You will love the creamy, juicy filling and the way the filo pastry crumbles when you bite into these tasty little appetizers. These are great for a buffet, a sit-down meal, or any kind of party or get-together. Cranberries with brie is a classic combination and this is one of our easy party appetizers. These homemade brie parcels might look tricky to make but they are actually really simple. Keep an eye on them while they are baking, so you do not burn them.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)