Warm Asparagus Appetizers with Puff Pastry
These appetizers with puff pastry, asparagus, red bell pepper, and gruyere cheese are colorful and appealing. Hot appetizers like these are great for any occasion and readymade puff pastry is easy to work with. Puff pastry comes frozen in sheets and you simply thaw what you want to use and cut it into squares. These puff pastry appetizers are nice served warm and they can be eaten with the fingers. Puff pastry tends to flake a lot when you bite into it, but these are not too messy to eat.
You can make puff pastry appetizers with any toppings, although these asparagus and red bell pepper pastries are especially flavorful. For a flavor variation you could try mushroom and pineapple, ham and cheese or sausage and mustard. Simply cook the filling ingredients, spoon them into the puff pastry squares, and bake the puff pastry until it is golden brown.
The thyme and garlic add a subtle yet delicious flavor, which really enhances the bell pepper and asparagus taste. If you are looking for puff pastry recipes for vegetarians this one would be very good. These easy party appetizers are quick to make and you can even make this in advance and reheat them just before the party if that is simpler for you.
These tasty appetizers with puff pastry are quick and easy to make and they look great. The colorful asparagus and bell pepper look really good and the thyme and garlic boost the flavor. The gruyere goes beautifully and helps to keep these easy party appetizers moist and delicious. You will need to keep an eye on these while they bake because puff pastry can turn from golden brown to burnt in minutes. This is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes using puff pastry and it is straightforward enough for anybody to make, even cooking beginners. This is one of the best holiday appetizer recipes if you are looking for something warm, colorful, and unusual.
- 2 thawed readymade puff pastry sheets
- 5 oz gruyere, in ⅓ inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ lbs asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 minced clove garlic
- ½ lb red bell pepper, in thin strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Snap the woody bottoms off the asparagus and discard them.
- Toss the asparagus with the salt, pepper, and olive oil and spread it over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Add the butter to a small pan over a moderate heat and warm it up until it starts to bubble.
- Add the thyme and red bell pepper strips and sauté them for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut each square into 9 smaller squares.
- Cut a square out of the middle of each one to form a lid.
- Bake the puff pastry squares for 5 minutes or until they begin to rise.
- Put some gruyere in each one, then the red pepper and asparagus.
- Top with the lids and bake for 10 minutes or until the puff pastry is fully rises and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
These lovely little appetizers are made with Gruyère cheese, asparagus, thyme and more, and this delicious mixture is enclosed in puff pastry. Puff pastry is light and crumbly, which gives it a delicate charm, and makes it ideal for gourmet appetizers. Asparagus is always nice and the other ingredients in this recipe enhance the flavor of the asparagus. Serve these warm from the oven and watch your guests’ faces light up when they taste the wonderful mixture inside each little pie. This is a very easy recipe, especially if you use readymade puff pastry.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37769 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29229 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24672 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21792 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21316 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15681 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13783 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13351 Views)