Tasty Garlic and Chili Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Chicken wings feature in many Superbowl recipes and there are lots of chicken wings recipes to choose from. This recipe for baked chicken wings combines the flavors of coconut, peanuts, garlic, scallions and more for an Asian flavor. You can marinate the chicken wings for up to two days in the coconut milk to infuse them with this tropical flavor. If you are looking for make ahead appetizers, start these chicken wings a couple of days before you need them and they will be really rich-tasting.
The peanuts add crunch as well as flavor and the scallions add color as well as taste. Honey garlic chicken wings can be sticky and messy to eat so make your have napkins or fingerbowls with water for your guests to clean their hands when they’re done eating. These oven baked chicken wings are best served warm and you can imagine how great they smell. Be assured – they taste even better!
Whether you are looking for buffet recipes, ideas for Superbowl party food or just easy appetizer recipes in general, this is a very special appetizer recipe. Chicken wings are always popular at get-togethers and the combination of coconut, garlic, chili, peanuts and more transforms these chicken wings into something really amazing.
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 bunch scallions
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup garlic chili pepper sauce
- Onion powder, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Remove the wing tips from the chicken wings and cut them in half.
- Slice the scallions thinly on the diagonal.
- Put the chicken wings in a Ziploc bag and pour in the coconut milk.
- Close the bag and squish it until the chicken wings are evenly coated in the coconut milk.
- Lay the bag flat in the refrigerator for between 6 hours and 2 days, turning it over now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray nonstick cooking spray on 2 aluminum foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Spread the marinated chicken wings on the cookie sheets in one layer.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and onion powder over them and bake them until they are browned and cooked through.
- This should take about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the wings to a bowl and add half the peanuts and scallions, as well as the garlic chili pepper sauce.
- Toss them well to coat them in the mixture.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the peanuts and scallions over them.
- Serve extra garlic chili pepper sauce with the chicken wings as a dip.
These sweet and sticky chicken wings will take pride of place at any buffet, Superbowl party or gathering. The combination of garlic, coconut, chili, onion and more gives them a sophisticated and unique flavor. Oven baked chicken wings are easy to make and the marinade gives these chicken wings a great flavor. When cooking with chicken chili is a spice which appears in a lot of recipes and this garlic chicken chili recipe is extra good. You might want to double up this baked chicken wings appetizer because people will probably eat a lot more wings than you would expect! With a flavor like this, a couple of chicken wings per person is nowhere near enough, so make sure you provide plenty.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13357 Views)