Swiss Cheese Appetizer Recipes for Turnovers
Turnovers are really simple to make, especially if you use a box of puff pastry to make them in. You can choose from sweet turnover recipes like apple turnovers, pear and blackberry turnovers, or raspberry turnovers, or savory ones like mushrooms turnovers, beef turnovers or these delicious gruyere and ham turnovers. These turnovers can be served with any dip recipe you like but they are also fantastic with a little bowl of wholegrain mustard for dipping.
Superbowl party recipes often include warm snacks like ham and cheese turnovers and these are really easy to put together. Perhaps you have tasted store-bought savory turnovers before, and they are not bad, but these homemade ones are really good and everyone will be able to tell they are homemade. These mini turnovers are just the right size for your guests to pop in their mouth in one or two bites.
Puff pastry is simple to use and you just need to thaw it out, and then cut it into the required shapes and sizes. Whichever other holiday appetizer recipes or Superbowl recipes you are making for your guests to enjoy, hot appetizer recipes like these flavorful turnovers with ham and cheese always go down well and will complement your Superbowl appetizer spread.
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz grated Gruyere
- 17 ¼ oz box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 oz cooked ham, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- Wholegrain mustard, to serve
- Flour, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the ham, sage, half-and-half, pepper and cheese in a bowl.
- Roll out a pastry sheet to a 12 inch square on a lightly floured board, and then cut it into 9 squares.
- Brush the edges of each square with egg and put a tablespoon of the ham and cheese mixture into the center of each one.
- Fold the opposite corners together to make a triangle, then seal the edges buy pressing them together.
- You can use the tines of a fork to make a decorative pattern if you like.
- Repeat this process with the other pastry sheet and the remaining egg and filling.
- Bake the turnovers for 5 minutes, then turn the heat down to 375 degrees F and keep baking them until they are golden brown and puffed up.
- This should take about 15 minutes.
- Serve the ham and cheese turnovers warm with wholegrain mustard for dipping.
These flaky ham and cheese turnovers are really tasty snacks and they are perfect as Superbowl party food. You can eat them hot or cold and if you have some left over, they are good for packed lunches the following day. Wholegrain mustard is nice for dipping, or you can serve ketchup or mayonnaise instead, as a dip. These mini turnovers are a great idea for buffets, parties or Superbowl get-togethers because they are bite-sized, tasty and almost everyone loves pastry, ham and cheese. The aroma from these turnovers when they are warm from the oven is really mouthwatering and they will certainly tempt your guests.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21325 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)