Stuffed Potato Skins with Cheese, Bacon and Chives
These delicious and easy party appetizers are perfect if you are looking for Superbowl food recipes, which everyone will love. You can use any kind of potatoes but russet potatoes are especially nice looking. The combination of bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives and more makes a really mouthwatering filling for these potato skins and everyone is sure to adore them.
You can use green onion tops instead of chives if you want to and you can also change the garnish. The cherry tomatoes and parsley does look colorful but you can serve them simply with the grated cheese on top if that is easier, or save some of the bacon and sprinkle that over them. If you want to make hot appetizer recipes or warm appetizer recipes, stuffed potatoes are always a favorite and they make good Superbowl party food because they are finger food.
Serve the rest of the sour cream mixture as a dip because some people will want more of this sauce on their potato skins than others will. Any leftover sauce also works well as a dip for chips and you can use it as one of your Superbowl dip recipes, along with any others you are making.
- 8 russet potatoes
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 sprigs fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then bake the potatoes for an hour or until they are soft all the way through.
- Stir the chives into the sour cream and chill this mixture in the refrigerator.
- Let the cooked potatoes cool down until you can handle them, then cut each one lengthwise into 3 long slices. Save the middle slices for making mashed potatoes.
- You will now have 16 potato slices. Preheat the broiler. Scoop out most of the potato from the skin, using a teaspoon, leaving about ¼ inch in there.
- Brush the melted butter over the potato, inside and outside.
- Put the potato skins cut side up on a cookie sheet and broil them for 6 minutes.
- Divide ⅔ of the grated cheese between the potato skins, then sprinkle on the bacon.
- Broil the skins for 2 minutes more or until the cheese melts, then spoon half the sour cream mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top of each one.
- Decorate each stuffed potato skin with a cherry tomato half and a sprig of parsley and serve the rest of the sour cream mixture alongside the potatoes, for dipping.
These stuffed potato skins will smell wonderful and they are certainly colorful and appetizing. Superbowl party recipes tend to be easy to eat finger food and these tasty little snacks certainly fit the bill. Feel free to garnish these however you like. Fresh basil leaves are just as good as the fresh parsley and perhaps even nicer if you are serving the cherry tomatoes as a decoration. You can also change the type of cheese but a vibrant colored cheese, rather than a white one, looks nicer. This is one of the most popular Superbowl appetizers of all.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16226 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)