Roasted Asparagus and Bacon Appetizer
One of the unique features of an appetizer is that people will try whatever is prepared. Appetizers, designed for sampling, have no commitment to a large chunk of something unfamiliar. Rather, it is a small nibble and if it tastes yummy, a quick finish. A fun-to-make appetizer, it will be a hit with family and guests. Preparation time in minimal and cooking is in the oven. Whether you get your asparagus from your garden, the Farmers Market, or a local grocery store, chances are good that you will find thick spears within the bunch. That is the spear you want for this delicious appetizer.
This is such a simple asparagus appetizer recipe, combining the succulent asparagus spears with mouthwatering bacon. The bacon adds a salty, meaty flavor to the asparagus, which makes it an indulgent and delicious appetizer to choose. If you love asparagus and you are also a bacon fanatic, then why not make this fabulous appetizer, because it combines your two favorite flavors and the result is phenomenal. The recipe is very easy to make as well. You just need to season the asparagus, wrap some bacon around the spears, and cook it until the asparagus and the bacon are done.
If the bacon is salty, and most of it is, then forget the salt and just add garlic powder and black pepper to the asparagus spears. You can serve this with a creamy dip for a nice contrast. This recipe is also great if you are looking for finger food recipes, since this can easily be eaten with the fingers. You might wish to pass around napkins or give each guest a napkin if they are standing and eating, because although the bacon is cooked it might still be a little oily.
- 20 thick spears of asparagus, approximately one and a half pounds
- 10 strips of bacon
- Dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the asparagus. Cut off the ends about 2 inches from the bottom.
- Mix the garlic powder, pepper, and salt and sprinkle over each asparagus spear.
- Cut the strips of bacon lengthwise down the center.
- Wrap the bacon in a spiral motion down each asparagus, beginning the wrap under the tip. Use a wooden toothpick to hold the top and bottom while in the oven.
- Set the wrapped spears in a cookie pan, leaving room between each one. Put the pan in the oven for 22 minutes to roast the bacon-asparagus spears. The bacon should be crispy.
- Line a platter with a decorative paper towel and serve.
This picture shows the contrasting colors in this delicious asparagus appetizer. You have the bright, vivid green of the asparagus, wrapped in the lovely pink color of the bacon. This is definitely an appetizer which can make your mouth water before you have even smelt or tasted it. Serve these crispy bacon-wrapped asparagus spears from a paper towel-lined plate as finger food, or from a large jug or cup. These make wonderful appetizers and the crunch of the bacon is magical with the soft, tender asparagus. Whether you serve a creamy dip with these, or serve them alone, they will kick off any meal in style.
Photo Credit: bacon wrapped asparagus by moonrat42, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)