Roast Beef Recipe with Cream Cheese
Roast beef recipes are always popular because roast beef is so flavorful and goes with a lot of different ingredients. If you do not have roast beef, you can use deli ham or turkey instead. You can toast the bread a day ahead if you want, then you can make up this roast beef recipe an hour before you need it. Just wrap the toasted bread in saran wrap and refrigerate it until it is needed.
If you do that, the bread will be toasted but it will not be warm and this is one appetizer recipe that is better warm. Just imagine the smell of warm bread, then the flavor of roast beef, onions and cheese, as well as juicy plum tomatoes. The word “appetizer” refers to something, which whets your appetite, and this delicious roast beef appetizer recipe is more than capable of doing just that.
This is a very simple recipe but the chive and onion flavored cream cheese go so nicely with the meat and really make this tasty appetizer recipe as good as it is. If you love beef, you are going to love this easy and delicious meat appetizer recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- ½ cup green onions
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- ½ lb deli roast beef
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and cut the French bread into 30 slices.
- Slice the beef, tomatoes, and onions.
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of the bread slices and bake for 5 minutes on a baking sheet, which has not been greased.
- Cool the French bread slices, then spread the cream cheese on top.
- Put a slice of roast beef on top of that, and then add the green onions and tomatoes.
Although most people choose to cut a long, thin baguette loaf into slices, you could always use smaller loaves if you wish, like you can see in the photo. It depends on how filling you wish to make these appetizers, whether they are part of a buffet or cocktail party, in which case you will want thin, delicate toast slices with the toppings on, or whether you are serving them as a Superbowl snack or similar, in which case make them big and hearty. The roast beef tastes lovely with the tomatoes and onions, while the cream cheese adds plenty of moisture to the snacks.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15183 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13837 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13404 Views)