Puff Pastry Spinach Squares
There are plenty of appetizers with puff pastry that you can make if you are catering for guests. Cheese is a very popular addition to recipes using puff pastry and the mozzarella goes very well with the spinach in the following puff pastry appetizers recipe. The egg onion, cream and mushrooms and more texture and flavors and this is a satisfying and delicious recipe for easy party appetizers. They are great served warm.
An alternative way of preparing this puff pastry recipe would be to roll the puff pastry out to a ten-inch square and line a spring form pan with it. Spoon the spinach mixture over it, top with the cheese and bake it. You would then cut it into squares when it has baked, so the end result is the same. If you have a ten-inch square spring form pan you can use that if you like.
You can buy puff pastry appetizers readymade of course but nothing compares to homemade recipes using puff pastry, especially when these little snacks are served warm from the oven. They smell amazing while they cook too. Puff pastry appetizer recipes are truly mouthwatering. They make a great appetizer at a dinner party and they always disappear fast at buffets. Feel free to change the toppings if you want. You can use any vegetables you fancy. Perhaps you want to add tomato puree or Tabasco to the topping to change the flavor, or even a little mustard.
- 1 package puff pastry
- 9 slices mozzarella
- 7 oz thawed chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- ½ pint heavy cream
- 4 ½ oz mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a moderate heat.
- Finely chop the onion and mushrooms. Sauté them in the oil.
- Add the salt and black pepper.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and let it cook.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 9 squares.
- Stir the cream and egg into the spinach mixture and divide it between the puff pastry squares.
- Lay a mozzarella slice on top of each one. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the puff pastry squares cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then serve warm.
Quite often, simple appetizers are the best ones. There is nothing complicated about these spinach and mozzarella puff pastry appetizers and they are wonderful for any kind of occasion. As you can see from the picture, this puff pastry recipe looks tasty and they look light, flaky and delicious and everyone who bites into one of these delicious pastry squares will definitely enjoy the flavor and texture. If you are looking for holiday appetizer recipes, and especially very easy party appetizers, these puff pastry appetizers are well worth considering. They are simple to make, even for cooking beginners, and they are great for all ages and events.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15184 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13838 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13405 Views)