Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings
This great recipe for baked chicken wings is really easy to make. These oven baked chicken wings are marinated in an Old Bay seasoning and beer sauce, which gives them a truly mouthwatering flavor. Serve them with Caesar dressing or alone and you will have a great dish for your Superbowl party. Old Bay seasoning is a mouthwatering blend of spices and herbs. It is named after the Old Bay Line, a Chesapeake Bay passenger ship which ran in the early 1900s.
The Caesar dressing is simple to make and you can make it in advance if you like, up to two days before serving it. Some Caesar dressing recipes contain raw egg but not this one. Also, the anchovies, which are found in some Caesar dressings, are omitted from this recipe, since it is being served with chicken wings and it just goes better without this ingredient.
You can double this recipe if you like, depending which other appetizers you are going to serve as your Superbowl food and how many guests you are expecting. Chicken wings are always very popular and you can make this recipe for any event or occasion. You might like to make some other dip recipes. A sweet and sour dip would also be nice for dipping these hot and flavorful chicken wings.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¾ cup Old Bay seasoning
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Combine the Caesar dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate the dressing until you need it.
- Wash the chicken wings and pat them dry.
- Put them in a Ziploc bag.
- Stir together the beer, vinegar, vegetable oil and Old Bay seasoning and pour this mixture into the Ziploc bag, shaking it well so the wings are covered.
- Put the bag on a big dish and refrigerate it overnight or for at least 2 hours, turning it a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a pair of aluminum-foil lined cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take the marinated chicken wings out of the Ziploc bag and spread them on the baking sheets in one layer.
- Bake the wings for about 40 minutes or until they are crispy and browned.
- Serve the hot wings with the chilled Caesar dressing for dipping.
Chicken wings are expected at the best Superbowl parties and this delicious recipe for Old Bay and beer marinated chicken wings is extra special. This is one of our make ahead appetizers because you can marinate the chicken wings overnight for a more intense flavor. You can also make the Caesar dressing up to two days in advance, freeing up your time to make other appetizer recipes. The chicken wings are beautiful with the homemade Caesar dressing and this appetizer recipe is guaranteed to be a winner with your Superbowl party guests.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29292 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21387 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15181 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13837 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13399 Views)