Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie
This is a wonderful place to do some experimenting with new taste both sweet and savory and in different combinations. Almost any combination you can imagine is possible, here are just a few you could bake the brie with different herbs and spice for example pesto, garlic, maybe some caramelized onions and mushrooms on the savory side. You could try using different preserves or fruits such as berries, figs, and as we do in this one apple although I used red in this recipe you could use green apples for a nice tart taste. You could use different things in palace of honey like agave nectar or maple syrup. There are all kinds of possibilities experiment and you will discover different ways you hadn’t tried before. Also different kinds of nuts both candied and salty if you like are possible options.
While serving your freshly baked brie ask your guest if they have a favorite combination or way of baking brie they could be a huge wealth of information with direct feedback. Sometimes discovering what others like leads us to things we also like and then we have a common in with that person. Food can be such a good opening door to get to know family and friends better after all is there anything more basic to all of us then food. If you find you have some common food likes who knows what other things you may have in common.
Cheese is a perennial favorite in the appetizer world it comes in so many different styles and no two people have the same love of different cheese. It is great if you are having a party with wine and it is such a light starter that you don’t have to worry if you are having a dinner party of filling your guest up before the main course. It has so many wonderful pairings to go with it too from fruit to nuts and crackers and bread. The beauty of this recipe is we transfer the brie into something special when baking it and it takes on such a lovely sweet flavor from the honey and then is balanced out by the fresh rosemary.
- 2 pounds French Brie Val de Soane
- ⅓ cup honey
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 French baguette (32 inch or so)
- 4 red apples, cored and sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the packaging from the cheese.
- Place in the middle of a baking sheet with a rim or Brie Cheese Baker.
- Put a few sprigs of the fresh rosemary on the top of the brie, and then drizzle with honey until well covered, don’t be stingy.
- Place this in the oven to bake for ten to twelve minutes, or until the cheese feels soft when you touch it and the honey has begun to bubble.
- Take it from the hot oven and allow it to cool briefly before serving.
- You can add additional honey and some of the rosemary leaves removed from the sprigs of cooked rosemary if you like or you could use some fresh rosemary if you prefer.
- Serve it with the French baguette sliced in thin pieces on and angle and toasted with a bit of butter and garlic sprinkled on them and the fresh sliced apple pieces.
- The rind on brie is totally edible. If you are not fond of it then just avoid the rind, by cutting off the upper most part of the wheel before baking it. Only remove the top rind not the sides are needed to maintain the cheese from running all over. Once the cheese is done baking you can scoop the warm cheese form the middle of the wheel.
Could there be anything better than hot melting cheese. This is an appetizer more for the adults though than the kids many kids might not have developed the taste buds for something as sophisticated as brie it is definitely more an adult palate thing. This is such a simple appetizer to make too, there is very little preparation and even the cooking time is relatively short so not much work goes into an appetizer most of your guest will be very impressed with.
Wild Eye Brie Cheese Baker W/spreader
If you find yourself baking brie often this might just make life easier for you. It is for the serious brie connoisseur that has to have the right kitchen gadget for every possible contingency. It will make serving and preparing the brie a lot easier although on the occasional use I’m not sure, it depends on how much entertaining you do. I simply put it here to give you another possibility for a future or upcoming party that may make life easier for you.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)