Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers
These little cheese bites are best served hot while the cheese filling is still melted inside. They are easy party appetizers and you can use different cheeses if you like. Maybe you want to make a brie cheese puff pastry recipe, in which case you can substitute the goat cheese for brie. Pretty much any cheese would work nicely with this puff pastry appetizer recipe.
You need to chill these well before baking them, else they might open up while they cook and the filling can leak out. Serve this puff pastry gruyere cheese appetizer at a cocktail party, buffet or even at the dinner table. They smell good and taste really delicious. Cheese appetizers are always popular at get-togethers and parties and these are really mouthwatering. Anyone who likes cheese will love these easy party appetizers.
There are lots of similar holiday appetizer recipes to this one, combining pastry with cheese, but this recipe is especially simple and well flavored. The puff pastry dough is flavored with three types of cheese, sour cream and some salt and pepper and baked until the cheese filling is melted and delicious. You can let these rest for five minutes before serving them if you like. They are nice served warm or at room temperature. You could also serve them cold but most people like them better hot.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ cup goat cheese, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lb puff pastry dough
- 2 eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on to a floured board, and then cut out 5 inch rounds or 4 inch squares.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with water and put the rounds on it.
- Prick them with a fork and chill them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Beat the ricotta and sour cream with 1 egg, and then add the goat cheese, half the gruyere and a little salt and pepper.
- Beat the other egg and brush it over the edges of the puff pastry shapes.
- Put some of the ricotta mixture inside each one and pull the edges up, pinching the pastries into triangle shapes, to enclose the filling completely.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the cheese triangles on it.
- Chill them for another half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush the rest of the beaten egg over the cheese-filled triangles and bake them for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the rest of the gruyere over them and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve hot.
If you are looking for inspiration for holiday appetizer recipes, what about making these gruyere and goat cheese in puff pastry bites? These puff pastry gruyere cheese appetizers taste really good and they are great served with cocktails, alongside an appetizer or on a buffet table for people to serve themselves. You can make these cheese appetizers with relative ease and if you are baking something else in the oven you can pop these in there too. Easy party appetizers like this hot cheese puff pastry recipe are great for any occasion and they are loved by guests of all ages for their simple yet wonderful flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37773 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24674 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21795 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21321 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15687 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)