Delicious Swiss Cheese Baked Cheese Appetizer
These bread slices are always sought after at parties. For a change of pace, you can make them with chopped mushrooms, chopped onion and whichever type of shredded cheese you favor or whichever you happen to have in the refrigerator. Different cheeses go nicely and you could even mix and match two kinds. Mozzarella and Swiss cheese would be a good combination, or mozzarella with a nice, sharp cheddar cheese. The Swiss cheese does team nicely with the Italian dressing though.
This cheese appetizer is best served hot or warm but you could serve it chilled too, depending on which is easier and what else you are serving. Swiss cheese recipes are always the hit of the party and these easy party appetizers are sure to be appreciated.
You could compare these topped bread slices to mini pizzas because they are similar – you have a bread dough base and then a cheesy topping. Feel free to add any other toppings you fancy, like pepperoni, ham, olives, or capers. If you fancy a change from seafood appetizers, classic dip recipes or the summer appetizer recipes you normally make, what about making these delicious baked cheese appetizers for your guests instead?
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 10 oz bread dough
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 7 oz dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Dice the bell pepper and shred the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a bread pan with cooking spray to stop the baked cheese appetizer from sticking.
- Put the dough in the bread pan and bake it for 50 minutes, then let it cool.
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in the dry dressing mix.
- Slice the cooled bread into 32 slices and spread a teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each slice.
- Sprinkle the bell pepper pieces over the top and put the slices on a baking sheet, which has been covered in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly crispy.
In the photo you can see a selection of bread-based canapés to give you more topping ideas. This recipe features a cheese mixture with bell pepper, similar to the canapé in the foreground, but behind that one you can also see a canapé with blue cheese, one with ham and brie cheese, and one with smoked salmon. A lot of home cooks like to prepare a range of canapés and offer them all on the same platter or tray, so people can pick out whichever one they want. This is not much more time-consuming and you can prepare the toppings which the bread is baking.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)