Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Many Middle Eastern dishes call for the use of dates in the preparation, and the slightly sweet, rich fruits are the perfect complement to many favorites. One uncommon but incredibly delightful appetizer calls for the dates to be stuffed with almonds, rolled with bacon, and baked for a short time. This unique combination of flavors is guaranteed to delight those who are interested in trying foods from around the world.
The recipe below is a simple one that calls for dates, almonds, and bacon. Soaking the dates for 10 minutes in milk before baking can add a creamy texture to the dates, and a pinch of salt highlights the combination of the sweet and savory flavors. With a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg, your date roll will be complete. This will be a unique appetizer that will be popular with your friends and family, though it may take some getting used to.
In reality, appetizers like these are always a popular favorite for those who become accustomed to the flavors. Trying international appetizers can always make people hesitate at first, as they have no idea how delicious they are. Once they try them, however, people find that these foreign dishes are as tasty and unique as promised.
- 1 pound of dates
- 1 pound of bacon
- ⅓ cup of whole almonds, toasted
- To begin, place the dates inside the milk to sit for 10 minutes. Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture to infuse the dates with flavor.
- Once the dates have soaked in the milk, remove them and drain the milk.
- Stuff one end of the dates with an almond, and roll them inside a strip of bacon. Add a pinch of salt for flavor, and stick a toothpick through the bacon date rolls to hold them together.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and set the dates inside a baking pan in the oven to cook. Cooking time will usually be about 15 or 20 minutes, but the date rolls should be turned over after 10 minutes to ensure that the bacon browns evenly.
This unique recipe is guaranteed to delight, and you will find that the unique combination of sweet and savory tastes will be a treat that will leave you wanting more. You may find that your bacon date rolls disappear more quickly than you thought, as people will find that the delightful flavor of these appetizers will entrance them and leave their mouths watering. The best thing about this appetizer is that it is easy to whip up quickly, and you can make as many as you want with just a few minutes of work.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)