Chicken Mozzarella Paninis
A panini is a type of Italian sandwich, which is now popular all over the world. Paninis are sometimes served hot after being pressed in a grill but you can get cold ones too. Italian bread is normally used to make panini recipes and this might be rosetta or ciabatta. Cheese, ham, onion, tomato, and salami are examples of nice fillings but there are many types of panini recipes you can make. “Panino” is the Italian word for “small bread roll” and “panini” is the plural.
In the following easy party appetizers, chicken and mozzarella are combined with tomato, garlic, lettuce, rosemary and more for a hot and tasty filling. The paninis are grilled but you could sauté the chicken and broil them if you prefer or if it is cold outside. Add a little redcurrant sauce to this chicken and mozzarella panini recipe if you like, to add color, sweetness and juiciness. Alternatively, you could serve it on the side and people can add their own sauce. Leave out some mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup too because some people might want to add that instead.
Panini recipes are ideal for Superbowl party snacks because they are hot, tasty, and easy to eat. You might want to make a few different varieties and then grill or broil them at the same time or you might want to stick to this mozzarella and chicken version.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices mozzarella
- 8 slices Italian bread
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sliced tomato
- 4 big lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Italian dressing
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Brush the olive oil over the chicken and season it with the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Put it on a lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 7 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear and the chicken is white not pink in the center.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, and then cut it into ½ inch pieces.
- Drizzle Italian dressing over 4 slices of the bread and over the chicken.
- Add the lettuce, cheese and tomato, as well as the chicken, to the bread slices and top with the remaining bread slices.
- Brush the paninis with olive oil and grill them for 4 minutes per side or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut each one in half so you get 8 panini triangles.
- Serve hot.
These delicious hot appetizers make wonderful Superbowl party food because they are easy to eat and taste wonderful. You can adapt the filling if you like but chicken and mozzarella is a classic combination and the mozzarella is especially good with the Italian bread. Using fresh rosemary as an ingredient in this panini recipe elevates this to a gourmet snack and if you are having a buffet or Superbowl party, everyone is sure to love this wonderful Italian appetizer recipe. Serve them hot while the cheese is still gooey and they are truly heavenly.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)