Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
Baked stuffed peppers make a nice appetizer and you can choose from a chicken or beef filling or a vegetarian filling, amongst others. Stuffed peppers recipes vary a lot but the following stuffed green peppers recipe contains three different kinds of mushrooms and two types of cheese. This is a wonderful vegetarian stuffed green peppers recipe which is best served hot while the cheese is still melted.
You can serve this as one of your Superbowl recipes but your guests will need a knife and fork to eat them. These aromatic stuffed bell peppers are healthy and tasty at the same time. You could use yellow or red bell peppers if you wanted to but the savory flavor of stuffed green peppers is nice with the earthy mushrooms and tangy cheese.
If you are serving traditional Superbowl party recipes like ribs, wings or chili, these stuffed green peppers make a nice appetizer too because it is good to offer something colorful and vegetable-rich if you are serving meat appetizers, just for some contrast in flavor. Baked stuffed peppers are easy to make and this hot appetizer recipe is guaranteed to go down well at any gathering or party.
- 4 green bell peppers
- 2 oz chopped chestnut mushrooms
- 2 oz chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1 oz dried chopped porcini mushrooms, soaked and drained
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 9 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pecorino cheese
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F.
- Put the whole green bell peppers on a baking tray and roast them for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let them cool down.
- When the peppers are cool, you will find that the skin peels off easily.
- Slice the skinned bell peppers in half lengthways, remove the core and seeds and put them on a chopping board, ready to stuff.
- Fry the chestnut mushrooms with the oyster mushrooms in the olive oil until they are tender.
- Add salt and pepper and let them cool. Mix the porcini mushrooms with the mustard and ricotta.
- Add the cooked oyster mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine everything well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the 8 bell pepper halves, then put the stuffed bell peppers on a baking tray and sprinkle the pecorino cheese over them.
- Broil for about 3 minutes, then serve hot, garnished with a dollop of sour cream and some fresh basil.
This is a gourmet baked stuffed peppers recipe, thanks to the combination of mushroom varieties and cheese types. If you are looking for fancy appetizer recipes which cleverly combine flavors and look amazing, these easy stuffed bell peppers are simple to put together and they will seriously impress your guests. If you are looking for Superbowl party food ideas, what about making a stuffed green peppers recipe? This is a really flavorful dish and it goes nicely with all the other Superbowl party food favorites that you might be serving alongside. A dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh basil makes a wonderful garnish for these delicious stuffed peppers and you can see from the photo how tempting this appetizer looks.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)