Cajun Oven Fried Vegetables
This Cajun vegetables recipe is extremely simple to make and if you like fried vegetables, you will love the simple flavor of this dish. Mushrooms, zucchini, and bell pepper are coated in a breadcrumb, egg, and Cajun seasoning mixture and baked until hot and fragrant. You can serve these hot appetizers alone or with a lime mayonnaise or garlic mayonnaise for dipping. A salsa would also be a good dip for these easy party appetizers.
This is not one of the most fancy appetizer recipes but you can serve the crumb-coated vegetables on a tray with a small bowl of garlic mayonnaise in the middle. Make sure they cool down for ten minutes before serving. As with all hot appetizer recipes, people can burn their mouths if you forget this. Cajun vegetables taste best warm instead of hot anyway.
These Cajun vegetables make brilliant party appetizers and you could even try making this with other types of vegetables. If you want to use dense vegetables like potatoes or yams, parboil them first. Fried vegetables make a delicious appetizer, no matter what the main course is going to be. This recipe is so simple to make and you can even try imitation crab instead of fried vegetables if you want to make seafood appetizers.
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, in ½ inch strips
- 1 zucchini, in ½ inch strips
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with the oil.
- Beat the eggs in one bowl and combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms into the egg mixture, then in to the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the vegetables on the cookie sheet, in one layer and not touching one another, then bake them for 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake them for 10 minutes more or until the crumb coating is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Coated in an egg and breadcrumb mix, these vegetables make a nice, crunchy appetizer. Choose from any vegetables you like and feel free to use up whatever you have in the refrigerator that needs to be used up. These are best served hot from the oven and you can serve a sauce or dip with them if you wish, perhaps something cool and creamy, or maybe something like a tomato salsa or even guacamole if you want to add a Mexican element to the appetizer dish. Serving oven-fried vegetables is a healthy way to begin a meal.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)