Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese
Normally I would go into a food rant about this time in the recipe process believe it or not the last part of the post to be constructed is the intro. It may lead into the recipe but from a creation point of view it is the recipe which is my starting point. I mean I need to be able to deliver you a recipe that will downright have to wow you I can talk about it this or that but bottom-line is I need a killer recipe to make it all work.
Sure the intro gets you in the mood so that you hopeful end your search and want to head to the kitchen and give it a try but if the recipe fails then I have failed at delivering the many reason you came here in the first place which is for something great tasting to eat. Now I could go into a whole bunch of superlatives about how this recipe is one thing or another but with this one I think I am going to leave it at this and let that picture sell you on it.
I mean if you can honestly take a long look at those fresh hot breadsticks and walk away not even remotely a bit curious to see how good they actually taste then you are a better woman than I. I know when the team sent me this I was all there I mean breadsticks, melted butter, and garlic top it off there is cheese in them there breadsticks come on you must have super human will power if you are not at least the least bit interested in them. I know to me there is nothing better than fresh out of the oven bread I know my oldest son makes fresh bread every night before bed and we wake to the whole house with that fresh baked bread smell I must gain a few pound every night in my sleep.
- 2 cups bread flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 16 ounces whole mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 105 degree F. water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Granulated garlic to taste
- In a glass bowl that has been run under hot water add the water and check with an instant read thermometer it should be between 105 degrees F. and 110 degrees F. dissolve the sugar and then add the yeast and give a gentle whisk to combine and let stand for ten minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a stand mixer with a bread hook combine the flours and salt (best if sifted) and then add the extra virgin olive oil and yeast mixture and set to low until it forms a dough.
- On a surface such as a stone counter or bread stone sprinkle with some bread flour to prevent sticking and kneed for ten minutes until the dough is soft can be rolled out.
- Allow it to rest in a glass bowl covered with a clean dish towel for ten minutes to allow rising.
- Separate it into a dozen dough balls and then flatten it out with a flour covered rolling pin.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut the cheese into thin strips about1/2 inch wide by about ⅜ inch tall.
- Place cheese strips end to end to go about ¾ inches from each end.
- Give a sprinkling of the granulated garlic and then fold the dough around the cheese and press together to seal well.
- With a pastry brush brush them all over with the melted butter and sprinkle with more granulated garlic
- Place them on a baking stone (is best) or sheet and allow to rise for ten minutes.
- Place into a 425 degree preheated oven and bake for about fourteen minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted inside.
- Remove from oven and brush a second time with melted butter and another sprinkle of the granulated garlic and serve while hot.
- Serving suggestions these are great as an appetizer for a crowd just double the recipe or go great with your favorite Italian dish such as lasagna or pasta.
If you want an appetizer that will not only please your guest but will make the whole house smell like you love to cook and make your guest in the mood to eat, this is a great recipe that has appeal to old and young alike. I mean which one of us doesn’t love the smell of hot buttered bread fresh out of the oven and then smeared with melted butter and garlic to just make us want to drool before we even make it to the table. My husband’s favorite restaurant made these incredible fresh garlic breadsticks that made you almost forget you even order a meal. I think he would have gone there and just ordered the breadsticks if he could have they were that good these are just that kind of recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)