Baked Lamb Kebabs with Spices
This lamb kebabs recipe is delicious and the aroma of the mustard seeds and spices are amazing. Either fresh cilantro or dried coriander can be used in this medieval lamb kebabs recipe, since both give excellent results. This is not a marinated lamb kebabs recipe so it does not take long to make. These lamb kebabs, also sometimes spelt lamb kabobs, do go very nicely with raita, which is a cucumber and mint sauce.
A creamy yogurt dip is also suitable for these easy party appetizers. The kebabs just require that your mix the ingredients together and bake them – that is how easy they are. Why make a complicated lamb kebab recipe when you can get delicious results from this simple easy party appetizers recipe?
There are different types of kabobs you can consider making if you are going to serve them as an appetizer. These lamb kabobs are made by shaping the mixture around a stick. Some kabobs are made by threading different ingredients on to skewers and these can be meat, fish, or seafood appetizers. Maybe you have had shrimp kabobs with shrimps and slices of bell pepper and onion, or something similar to that.
- Pack of lean minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 onions, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the spices into a bowl with the onions. Add the chili sauce and lamb mince.
- Mix everything together using your hands.
- Mold the lamb mixture around the skewers, shaped like long sausages, leaving the last inch free.
- Drizzle a little oil over them if you like and put some aluminum foil over a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cool dip.
These mouthwatering lamb shish kabobs are a great appetizer. Serve them with a raita yogurt dip or something similar and watch your guests face as they bite down on the juicy lamb, mustard, onion, cilantro, and spice mixture. These hot lamb kabobs are great at buffets, outdoor events, or dinner parties. Served on a bed of salad with lemon wedges, they are also one of our fancy appetizer recipes. These smell wonderful and taste even better. If you are looking for make ahead appetizers, you can make these in advance and bake them later in the day, when you are ready.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)