Bacon Wrapped Potato Appetizers
These delicious bacon wrapped potato appetizers are delicious served with sour cream and chives. You can serve them piping hot from the oven as a tasty snack for your guests. Bacon wrapped potatoes are easy party appetizers and you can quickly make more if you run out.
Bacon and potato go together nicely and this is a very simple recipe with just bay leaves, salt, and pepper to add a little flavor. Go easy on the salt because the bacon adds saltiness to the potatoes and people can always add more afterwards if need be. If you cannot find new potatoes you can use larger ones and cut them into eight, instead of into four pieces.
Using only five ingredients, this definitely qualifies as one of our easy party appetizers and all the flavors go together really nicely. The crushed bay leaves add an especially earthy and delicious flavor and the salt and pepper finishes these hot appetizers off nicely. Serve this bacon wrapped potato appetizer hot or warm for the best results. This is a really good appetizer recipe for the fall or winter, when it is cold outside and your guests fancy something warm and filling.
- 4 new potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cut each potato into 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle the potato pieces with the mixture of bay leaves, salt and pepper, then wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
- Sprinkle any remaining seasoning over them then bake in an uncovered baking dish for 20 minutes.
- These bacon wrapped potatoes are done when the potatoes are soft and the bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Bacon wrapped potato bites make a lovely and warming appetizer for any occasion. This might be a simple recipe but the salty meatiness of bacon, the simplicity of potato and the flavors of bay leaf, salt and pepper are all you need to make this exciting and mouthwatering appetizer. You can see from the photo that these bacon wrapped potatoes are appealing and delicious looking. If you want to add another element, put a little grated cheese between the potato and the bacon for an extra flavor. Try using blue cheese for a very special touch.
Leave a Reply
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Baked Cheese Olive Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two December 21, 2013
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Appetizer Recipe December 20, 2013
- Grape and Roquefort Cheese Canapes December 19, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19056 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18256 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15197 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14030 Views)
- Home (13067 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11803 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11492 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (10929 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10037 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9196 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (8995 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8533 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8217 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8159 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7537 Views)