Bacon Wrapped Potato Appetizers
These delicious bacon wrapped potato appetizers are delicious served with sour cream and chives. You can serve them piping hot from the oven as a tasty snack for your guests. Bacon wrapped potatoes are easy party appetizers and you can quickly make more if you run out.
Bacon and potato go together nicely and this is a very simple recipe with just bay leaves, salt, and pepper to add a little flavor. Go easy on the salt because the bacon adds saltiness to the potatoes and people can always add more afterwards if need be. If you cannot find new potatoes you can use larger ones and cut them into eight, instead of into four pieces.
Using only five ingredients, this definitely qualifies as one of our easy party appetizers and all the flavors go together really nicely. The crushed bay leaves add an especially earthy and delicious flavor and the salt and pepper finishes these hot appetizers off nicely. Serve this bacon wrapped potato appetizer hot or warm for the best results. This is a really good appetizer recipe for the fall or winter, when it is cold outside and your guests fancy something warm and filling.
- 4 new potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cut each potato into 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle the potato pieces with the mixture of bay leaves, salt and pepper, then wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
- Sprinkle any remaining seasoning over them then bake in an uncovered baking dish for 20 minutes.
- These bacon wrapped potatoes are done when the potatoes are soft and the bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Bacon wrapped potato bites make a lovely and warming appetizer for any occasion. This might be a simple recipe but the salty meatiness of bacon, the simplicity of potato and the flavors of bay leaf, salt and pepper are all you need to make this exciting and mouthwatering appetizer. You can see from the photo that these bacon wrapped potatoes are appealing and delicious looking. If you want to add another element, put a little grated cheese between the potato and the bacon for an extra flavor. Try using blue cheese for a very special touch.
Leave a Reply
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19318 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18614 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (16114 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14554 Views)
- Home (13277 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (12106 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11969 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11138 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10839 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9475 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9207 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8776 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8766 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8403 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Cold Appetizer Recipe (7746 Views)