Asparagus Appetizer with Prosciutto
This is one of our nicest easy party appetizers and it is a real treat for asparagus lovers. This asparagus appetizer teams asparagus with prosciutto and parmesan inside phyllo pastry for a warm appetizer, which is full of flavor. This appetizer is crunchy on the outside and smooth and soft on the inside. This contrast of textures is very nice.
When you steam the asparagus, it works best in a steamer basket an inch above a pan of boiling water. There are lots of gourmet asparagus appetizers you can make for a party but this one is especially nice because it is simple to make. Using only five ingredients, this asparagus appetizer goes well with a creamy dip. Leave an inch of asparagus outside the phyllo pastry so your guests can see what is inside.
Sour cream is a great dip for these asparagus appetizers and you can grate some cheese on top of the sour cream for color and extra flavor. This is one of our fancy appetizer recipes and, arranged around the sour cream dip, the asparagus appetizers look stunning. You can serve each person a couple of these if you are having a sit-down dinner or serve them warm at a buffet.
- 24 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 6 sheets phyllo
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Steam the asparagus for a minute or until bright green then cool in a colander.
- Put a sheet of phyllo on a work surface and brush it lightly with butter.
- Cut into 4 rectangles. Cut the asparagus into 4 inch lengths.
- Put a piece of prosciutto on to each pastry rectangle, lining it up along the short edge.
- Arrange an asparagus spear over the prosciutto so the last inch lies outside the phyllo edge.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, then roll up and secure the phyllo, using butter to seal it.
- Arrange the phyllo wrapped asparagus on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with a grated cheese topped dish of sour cream for dipping.
Fancy appetizer recipes like these asparagus appetizers always draw murmurs of appreciation and enjoyment, whatever the occasion. This is a simple asparagus appetizer recipe but the flavor is wonderful and the deliciously unique flavor of the asparagus is very special. This recipe for asparagus appetizer is best served hot and the dip is best served chilled, so you have a contrast between hot and cold, as well as between crunchy and soft. This is one of our best and most easy party appetizers and is sure to be a hit at your party.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)