Appetizer Calzone From Scratch
Now you can make an Italian appetizer calzone that everyone will rave over. These mini calzone appetizers are the perfect dinner appetizers for your meal. Italian cuisine is always a popular dish and when you serve an appetizer calzone with a fresh green salad you can make your guests smile. No one ever makes an appetizer calzone it’s unique and rare for an appetizer dish so everyone will be sure to compliment. You know you’ve made a good meal when everyone is telling everyone else about it. When you serve this appetizer calzone you are giving them something to talk about.
Enjoy Italian appetizers like meatballs with a marinara sauce and mozzarella sticks. So many Italian appetizers grace the tables of food enthusiasts such as you. Making a calzone an appetizer sounds a bit much because they are so filling but the trick is to make them small and fill them slightly. No need to over stuff an appetizer calzone because it’s just appetizer.
Enjoy these amazingly easy party appetizers as part of your Christmas get together. With so many delicious recipes for appetizers coming out of the Italian cuisine you are sure to find something to serve before your main dish. Something as simple as an Italian salad with feta cheese would be a great light appetizer to serve with your calzones. Salad and bread dishes make great appetizers. Stuffed mini calzones make a great appetizer for any occasion.
Enjoy all the flavors of Italy with these amazing appetizer calzones. They are the best easy appetizer recipes for you to make for the holidays. An appetizer calzone is a great way to hold your guests over until dinner is ready. Enjoy stuffing them with Italian sausage, ground beef, Canadian bacon and of course, plenty of mozzarella cheese. You are sure to be the host or hostess of the year with these fantastic appetizer calzones.
Have You Ever Made Appetizer Calzone Before?
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup chopped pepperoni
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt,
- Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles.
- Press the remaining perforations together to seal.
- Spread the filling evenly onto the rectangles.
- Roll up the filling inside the dough starting at the short side.
- Slice each finished roll into four slices, and place cut side down onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in oven.
- While baking, warm the pizza sauce.
- Serve with pizza sauce in small cups for dipping.
Photo Credit: calzone by ginnerobot, on Flickr
These calzone appetizers are so good. If you are in the mood for appetizers which are rich and hearty, consider these. You will need crescent roll dough, along with various kinds of cheese, pepperoni, vegetables, and Italian seasoning. These snacks are baked in the oven, then served with pizza sauce for dipping. The photo gives you a good idea of what these will look like, and they are great served at a Superbowl gathering or other informal gathering. Serve them hot for the best result and feel free to swap the veggies for others, or add some hot sauce to spice them up a bit.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24692 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)