An Easy Deep Fried Chinese Dumpling Recipe
The following recipe combines pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, ginger, scallions and more for delicious deep fried Chinese dumplings. Chinese dumpling recipes can also be steamed or pan fried but sometimes crispy deep fried ones are the tastiest, as well as the best for satisfying your hunger and taking the edge off your appetite. Served with a sweet chili dipping sauce, these deep friend Chinese dumplings are really delicious.
It is customary in northern China for families to prepare batches of Jiaozi dumplings on New Year’s Eve. This type of dumpling is crescent shaped and usually filled with vegetables or meat. The dumplings are boiled or pan fried and the family eats them after midnight. It is traditional to hide a coin in one of the dumplings so the Chinese are quite careful when biting down on their dumplings just in case!
Chinese dumplings are great for buffets and parties and this recipe for Chinese dumplings makes really delicious ones. You might have tasted deep friend Chinese rice flour dumplings or Chinese deep fried sweet rice dumplings before but this recipe is really great too and you will find Chinese dumplings easy to make, even if you have not made them before. The ingredients all go together very nicely and deep frying these dumplings gives them a lovely crunchy texture on the outside while keeping the filling soft on the inside.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped water chestnuts
- ⅓ lb raw shrimp, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions (white part only)
- 40 Chinese dumpling wrappers (or gyozo skins)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup corn oil or safflower oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir the pork, ginger, shrimp, water chestnuts, scallions, soy sauce, rice wine, cornstarch, sesame oil and pepper together and put a tablespoon of this filling into each dumpling wrapper.
- Wet the edges with water and fold the dumpling skins over, to enclose the filling.
- Press the edges together to seal them.
- Dust a tray with cornstarch and put the dumplings on it.
- Heat a deep skillet filled with the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add about 8 dumplings at once and cook them for about 4 minutes or until they are deep golden.
- Drain them on paper towels and cook the remaining dumplings in batches, reheating the oil between each batch.
- Serve the dumplings warm with a chili dipping sauce.
Chinese dumplings are great for any party or special occasion. They are simple to make. You can get the ingredients for this Chinese deep fried dumpling from an Asian grocery store and you simply need to mix the filling ingredients together, stuff the dumpling wrappers and deep fry the dumplings in batches. Serve them hot with a sweet chili sauce for the best results. If you are making these for a dinner party, give each person two or three dumplings and a little dish of dipping sauce on the side.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)