Chilled Appetizers with Sliced Turkey and Omelet
Appetizers with sliced turkey are always nice to serve at parties and buffets and nice-looking appetizer recipes like these smoked turkey appetizers go down well whether you are celebrating Christmas, Thanksgiving, Cinco de Mayo, a birthday gathering or something else. If you are looking for a recipe for leftover turkey appetizers you could adapt this one, using slices of leftover turkey instead of the smoked turkey slices.
The combination of fluffy tomato omelet, partially toasted bread and smoked turkey is very tasty and if you want to make these appetizers a little more moist you could spread a thin layer of mustard or ketchup between the bread and egg layers. This is optional though.
These turkey appetizers make great finger food so you could circulate with them at a cocktail party or have them on a buffet table at any kind of get together for people to help themselves. Omelet is easy to make and the process of stacking the omelet, toast and turkey is very simply. Use a diamond-shaped cookie cutter to make these diamond-shaped appetizers or simply cut them using a knife.
- 4 slices bread, toasted on one side
- 8 slices smoked turkey
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 radishes, halved
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon horseradish puree
- Salt and black pepper
- Mix the water, eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper in a bowl, beating the mixture using a fork until everything is combined.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and then add half the egg mixture.
- Let the eggs set, then push the edges inwards with a spatula, so the raw egg on top flows under the omelet.
- Keep doing this until the whole omelet is still shiny but set.
- Transfer the omelet on to a plate.
- Repeat the process with the remaining egg mixture to make a second omelet.
- Arrange 2 bread slices toasted side down on a plate and top them with an omelet.
- Repeat with the other omelet.
- Put the smoked turkey on top, followed by more bread, more omelet and finally the remaining turkey.
- Cut the layered stacks into diamond shapes, as per the photo below.
- Garnish each one with some of the horseradish mayonnaise, a piece of radish and a sprig of cilantro.
You can see how appealing these appetizers with sliced turkey look. If you are looking for recipes for layered canapé recipes, the combination of bread, omelet and turkey in this recipe is very good. These don’t take long to make at all and you can prepare them as make ahead appetizers, keeping them covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. Leftover turkey appetizers are a great idea if you are using up turkey from thanksgiving or Christmas and there are all kind of things you can make with leftover turkey, like turkey salad, turkey burgers and these turkey and omelet canapés.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37803 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16262 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15726 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15184 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13850 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13405 Views)