How to Make Pumpkin Seeds
So you just finished carving your pumpkin and now you want to know how to make pumpkin seeds. Sounds like a plan to me, what else are you going to do with all that pumpkin guts? Here is a simple and easy way to learn how to make pumpkin seeds. When you want to know how to make pumpkin seeds you just needs to look at the recipe below.
Making your own pumpkin seeds is a great snack for the kids lunch boxes. It’s a great way to have an affordable and salty snack in the house. Here is a great way to know how to make homemade pumpkin seeds. This Halloween after you are done making your jack-o-lantern be sure to learn how to make pumpkin seeds.
This is an incredibly easy recipe, and once you try it you will be very glad you did. Too many people scoop out the pumpkin seeds and discard them without even realizing you can use them to make a healthy snack which kids and grownups love. Pumpkins are seasonal so why not try this recipe during the fall, or over the Halloween period, to add a new snack to the buffet table along with the other Halloween dishes you like to make? As you can see, the recipe does not require many ingredients and it is not at all time-consuming to make. Try this pumpkin seeds recipe because you will really enjoy such a lovely, crunchy snack.
Have You Ever Made Pumpkin Seeds Before?
- Fresh pumpkin seeds
- Vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Clean all the excess membranes and pumpkin off the seeds and then salt them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or brush it with a thin layer of oil.
- Arrange the pumpkin seeds in one layer on the cookie sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the oven then let the seeds cool before eating.
- Store them in an airtight container for freshness.
Photo Credit: pumpkin seeds by Rachel Tayse, on Flickr
Fresh pumpkin seeds are roasted in the oven until they are lovely and crunchy, and these make a very nice snack. You can munch them just as they are or use them as a garnish. Next time you make a thick pumpkin soup, garnish it with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle a few of these pumpkin seeds on top, for lovely visual appeal. You can add oil and salt or get creative with flavors. Sugar and cinnamon combine well if you want a sweet snack, or you could add chili powder and cayenne pepper for a spicy snack.
How to Make Pumpkin Seeds Cooking Videos
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29239 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)