Christmas Appetizer Recipes
The Best Christmas Appetizer Recipes
The best Christmas appetizer recipes can be very creative as well as tasty. Appetizers are what gets the party started. They are a nice touch at the beginning of the evening when you are waiting for all your guests to arrive. It gives your guests something to munch on and something to do until dinner is served.
I know of one family that has dispensed with the big Christmas meal and they all bring big batches of appetizers when they get together at Christmas time. They just decided they all liked appetizers and it was less work.
Many times the event might not be one where a dinner is served. It might be a meeting that happens to occur during the Christmas season or another kind of informal get together. I’ve been to gatherings like this where we all bring appetizers. Some people get very creative with their Christmas appetizer recipes and it’s fun to see what people bring.
Here are some fun Christmas appetizer recipes that I hope you enjoy.
Do You Have a Favorite Christmas Appetizer Recipe?
Christmas Relish Tray
If you want a Christmas appetizer recipe that’s easy but beautiful you might want to try this classic relish tray. It’s just a matter of choosing colorful vegetables and arranging them so they look nice. You can make some fancy garnishes if you want but it’s not necessary. An added bonus is that this is healthy. Just place a bowl of your favorite dip for vegetables near the relish tray and you’re set.
How to Make a Relish Tree – Another Idea for Relishes
Get a 9 inch styrofoam cone and cover it with red or green foil from the craft store.
Put the cone on a plate or tray and use small veggies like cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, little pickles, carrot coins, and whatever else you can think of that would look nice.
Attach the veggies to the foil covered cone with toothpicks.
You can arrange them in a swirling line from the top to the bottom like a garland, or just arrange them randomly.
When you have it full, fill in the spaces by tucking in sprigs of parsley or curly lettuce.
Serve with a vegetable dip.
Everyone loves this Christmas appetizer recipe and they sure disappear fast!
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 lb Cocktail Weiners
- ¾ cup Brown sugar packed
- Using your kitchen shears cut the bacon strips into thirds crosswise.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each cocktail weiner and skewer with a toothpick.
- Place half of the brown sugar on a baking sheet.
- Place the bacon wrapped weiners on the sugar.
- Place the remaining sugar on top of the cocktail weiners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
Photo Credit: Bacon-Wrapped Smokies by uos?? McArthur, on Flickr
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 lb ground sausage
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems (save them for something else).
- Brown the sausage and drain off the fat, then stir in the cream cheese.
- Saute the mushroom caps in butter for a few minutes.
- Put some sausage mixture into each mushroom cap then bake on a lightly-oiled baking sheet for 25 minutes.
Photo Credit: Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms by alanagkelly, on Flickr
Cheese and Crackers
An Easy Christmas Appetizer Recipe
Sometimes the ordinary recipes are the best. This isn’t really a recipe, just an appetizer idea. A plate of cheese always goes over well. The old standby cheeses are great cheeses but what about branching out a bit? Try some brie wedges and some Irish Cheddar. What about some Greek Kasseri cheese or some Maytag Blue Cheese? There are lots of great cheeses out there to try.
Kasseri is particularly good with French bread. Serve sliced baguettes and some nice crackers. Milton’s multi grain crackers are our favorite.
Photo Credit: commons.wikimedia.org
Beautiful Recipe Binders
For Your Christmas Appetizer Recipes
Keep your Christmas Appetizer Recipes in one of these binders. Recipe binders are a great for keeping your recipes all in one place. If you are one of those people (like me) who has recipes jotted down on scraps of paper and clipped out of newspapers and scattered all over the place, you need a recipe binder! I love mine and now all my recipes are in one place. I can always find the one I want because it’s in my recipe binder! You can slip the newspaper clippings ones into a page protector and you will at least know where they are!
A page protector in a recipe binder is a great place to save recipes that you want to try. If you like the recipe after you try it, you can give it it’s own page. If not, just chuck it. But until you’re ready to try it, it will be safe in your recipe binder! These winter themed recipe binders are so pretty!
Recipe Binders for Your Christmas Appetizer Recipes
These binders are great not only for recipes but you can use them to organize your Christmas holiday. Get some page protectors and organize your Christmas card list. Keep special Christmas cards in here. Keep notes on your Christmas party so you know what you’d like to do again next year and what not.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)