Swan Cream Puffs – Elegant Puff Pastry Appetizers
If you are looking for puff pastry appetizer recipes to impress people, you cannot go wrong with these gorgeous pastry swans. Technically, they are made with choux pastry not puff pastry but a lot of choux pastry and puff pastry appetizers are very similar. You will need a piping bag for these swans with a half inch nozzle and a fine nozzle.
The filling for these puff pastry swans is a creamy mixture of vanilla pudding, cream, and sugar and these are much easier to make than you might think. You simply need to make the bodies and the necks, and then you cut a slice off the top of the body to make wings, fill the swans with the creamy mixture, and insert the necks.
If you are catering for a buffet and you want to make some sweet easy party appetizers, these would be great. These puff pastry appetizers are certainly attention-grabbing and everybody will want to taste one.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate ice cream syrup
- Strawberry ice cream syrup
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the butter and water to a boil in a pan, and then add all the flour.
- Stir the mixture over a low heat until it forms a ball.
- Take it off the heat and beat in the eggs gradually until the mixture is smooth and everything is well blended.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag and fit a ½ inch tip.
- Pipe 8 mounds of dough 3 inches apart from each other on to ungreased baking paper.
- These mounds should be about a tablespoon in size.
- Dip a fork in water and flatten each mound a bit.
- Bake them for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake the puffs until they sound hollow when you tap them and they are golden brown.
- Let them cool down on a wire rack.
- Turn the oven back up to 400 degrees F.
- Change the ½ inch tip on the pastry bag for a small one, then pipe 8 S-shapes, 2 inches long, on to ungreased baking paper.
- Cook them for 8 minutes, then turn the heat back down to 350 degrees F and give them another 5 minutes.
- Let them cool on the rack.
- Whip the vanilla instant pudding, cream, and sugar together with an electric mixer until the mixture is stuff.
- Slice the top off each puff and cut these tops lengthwise in half.
- Pipe the vanilla cream into the cavity of each puff, then insert the halved tops, to form wings.
- Insert the S-shaped piece for the necks.
- Drizzle some ice cream syrup on a serving platter and arrange the swans on top.
- Garnish the plate with fresh strawberries and sprinkle some powdered sugar over the swans.
These puff pastry appetizers are not difficult to make and they are really delicious. This has to be one of the most impressive recipes using puff pastry and, even if you are new to baking, you will not find this recipe difficult. In fact, it is quite simple. Kids and adults alike will be captivated by these beautiful puff pastry swans because they are so cute. You can serve these as an appetizer on a buffet table or for dessert if you are having a sit-down dinner. If you want holiday appetizer recipes, this puff pastry recipe is something very special that is well worth considering.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)