Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers
When you need an elegant appetizer, you turn to beef tenderloin. Its beefy flavor and tenderness let you make the most delicious treats. Our appetizer here is so simple to assemble, yet it looks utterly fabulous when you set them out for your guests. This dish is perfect for any occasion, formal or casual. If you are looking for easy, inexpensive, elegant appetizers for a reception, consider this one.
The trick to getting thin slices is to partially freeze the roast after cooking. This firms up the meat so you can get those delicate slices without a lot of fuss. Your slices will be even and attractive. When you put the slices on the bread, let them curl up on themselves, creating a little pile with attractive folds and curves. Drizzle the sauce over the top and sprinkle them with thinly sliced basil for a delicious appearance.
You can use either focaccia bread or baguette slices as the base for this beef tenderloin appetizer. Both options taste great and hold up well to the toppings. You can toast them if you like or use them as is. If you want to toast the bread, rub the slices lightly with extra virgin olive oil and place them in the oven until they just turn golden. Remove them promptly so they do not burn. The toasting and olive oil will add even more flavor. No matter what, however, the beef should be the star of this dish.
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2-½ cups mayonnaise
- 2-4 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 baguettes or focaccia loaves, sliced
- Basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the tenderloin with a slice of garlic and coat it evenly with 1 tablespoon of rosemary. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a shallow roasting pan with a rack. Once the tenderloin is in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Cook for 35 minutes, or until the beef has an internal temperature of 120 to 130 degrees (rare) or 140 degrees (medium).
- Let the tenderloin rest at room temperature for one hour. Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 to 2 hours to make slicing easier.
- Mix the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of horseradish and the remaining rosemary. Add more horseradish if necessary to taste.
- Slice the beef into thin pieces. Pile slices on the focaccia or baguette slices. Drizzle with the horseradish sauce and top with strips of basil.
Look at our delicious Tenderloin Appetizers. Don’t they look scrumptious? These simple appetizers literally take minutes to assemble. Your guests are treated to delicious roast beef with every bite. Serve these anytime you need a fast, yet fancy appetizer recipe to serve. The roast beef adds so much flavor, and the horseradish sauce just sets off the beefiness. The bread acts as the base, but it adds a little crunch that adds to the overall effect of the dish. Serve these appetizers at parties, meetings, or weddings. They will get rave reviews.
Leave a Reply
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19228 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18412 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15511 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14245 Views)
- Home (13174 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11941 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11762 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11037 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10458 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9358 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9108 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8652 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8483 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8301 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7653 Views)