Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers
When you need an elegant appetizer, you turn to beef tenderloin. Its beefy flavor and tenderness let you make the most delicious treats. Our appetizer here is so simple to assemble, yet it looks utterly fabulous when you set them out for your guests. This dish is perfect for any occasion, formal or casual. If you are looking for easy, inexpensive, elegant appetizers for a reception, consider this one.
The trick to getting thin slices is to partially freeze the roast after cooking. This firms up the meat so you can get those delicate slices without a lot of fuss. Your slices will be even and attractive. When you put the slices on the bread, let them curl up on themselves, creating a little pile with attractive folds and curves. Drizzle the sauce over the top and sprinkle them with thinly sliced basil for a delicious appearance.
You can use either focaccia bread or baguette slices as the base for this beef tenderloin appetizer. Both options taste great and hold up well to the toppings. You can toast them if you like or use them as is. If you want to toast the bread, rub the slices lightly with extra virgin olive oil and place them in the oven until they just turn golden. Remove them promptly so they do not burn. The toasting and olive oil will add even more flavor. No matter what, however, the beef should be the star of this dish.
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2-½ cups mayonnaise
- 2-4 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 baguettes or focaccia loaves, sliced
- Basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the tenderloin with a slice of garlic and coat it evenly with 1 tablespoon of rosemary. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a shallow roasting pan with a rack. Once the tenderloin is in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Cook for 35 minutes, or until the beef has an internal temperature of 120 to 130 degrees (rare) or 140 degrees (medium).
- Let the tenderloin rest at room temperature for one hour. Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 to 2 hours to make slicing easier.
- Mix the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of horseradish and the remaining rosemary. Add more horseradish if necessary to taste.
- Slice the beef into thin pieces. Pile slices on the focaccia or baguette slices. Drizzle with the horseradish sauce and top with strips of basil.
Look at our delicious Tenderloin Appetizers. Don’t they look scrumptious? These simple appetizers literally take minutes to assemble. Your guests are treated to delicious roast beef with every bite. Serve these anytime you need a fast, yet fancy appetizer recipe to serve. The roast beef adds so much flavor, and the horseradish sauce just sets off the beefiness. The bread acts as the base, but it adds a little crunch that adds to the overall effect of the dish. Serve these appetizers at parties, meetings, or weddings. They will get rave reviews.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37319 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (28341 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24222 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21492 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20612 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15767 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15336 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14851 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13133 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (12503 Views)