Salmon and Zucchini Gorgonzola Appetizer
Whether or not you have made zucchini cheese roll recipes before, this zucchini gorgonzola appetizer is one of our most easy party appetizers. The sharp flavor of the gorgonzola goes with the acidic lemon flavor perfectly, with the soft taste of the zucchini shining through. These zucchini cheese rolls ups are fried so you can serve them warm or chill them. Both ways are good. The filling should be chilled though.
The smoked salmon adds a touch of elegance and goes well with the gorgonzola. If you are looking for a recipe for seafood appetizers, this salmon-based appetizer recipe is a very nice one to make. You can vary the ingredients, perhaps using cottage cheese or grated cheddar instead of gorgonzola, or using ham instead of the salmon. This is an easy recipe to double or triple too, if you have a lot of guests. If you are grilling, why not grill the zucchini outdoors and make these appetizers up outdoors? The zucchini will have attractive grill marks on if you do that.
For an unusual and interesting appetizer recipe, these zucchini roll ups really do the trick. Like a lot of appetizers, which you roll up, this zucchini, gorgonzola appetizer is very impressive looking and it looks complicated without actually being complicated to put together. Your guests will adore this one, both in terms of looks and flavor.
- 1 zucchini, trimmed
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons cup sour cream
- 4 oz gorgonzola, crumbled
- ¼ cup canola oil, for frying
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon juice, to serve
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 chives, to garnish
- Slice the zucchini into 8 lengthwise strips using a mandolin or sharp knife.
- The strips should be flexible but not wafer thin.
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch frying pan and fry 4 strips of zucchini at a time.
- Cook them for 1 ½ or 2 minutes per side, until they are soft and bendy but not brown.
- Drain the zucchini on paper towels.
- Combine the sour cream, pepper, gorgonzola, and parsley and divide this mixture between each zucchini strip.
- Top with a piece of smoked salmon and 3 chives, and then roll the zucchini strips up, securing them with toothpicks.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the zucchini rollups just before serving.
- Alternatively, serve a wedge of lemon on each person's plate.
If you are looking for the perfect seafood appetizers to impress your guests, you will find that zucchini cheese roll recipes are great because they look really amazing and they taste delicious. These easy party appetizers appeal to everyone and they are healthy as well. If you want to make a vegetarian zucchini gorgonzola appetizer, replace the salmon with thin slivers of raw carrot or with walnut halves. For make ahead appetizers, you can keep zucchini cheese roll recipes in the refrigerator for several hours before serving them. If you want to do this, wrap some plastic film over them, so the salmon does not dry out.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)