One of the Best Recipes for Procuitta Wrapped Asparagus with Parmesan
If you are looking for recipes for prosciutto wrapped asparagus, you will enjoy this one. Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is simple to make and, even though there are not many ingredients in this wrapped asparagus recipe, this is a classic and well balanced dish. If you are using an especially salty prosciutto, you might want to leave the salt out of the recipe but it is usually best to add a little, to make sure the prosciutto wrapped asparagus will not be bland.
You can serve these wrapped asparagus spears as finger food with or without dip recipes. A lemon or garlic mayonnaise would be a nice dip for these appetizers. If you are catering for vegetarians or vegans, you can substitute roasted walnuts for the prosciutto. If you cannot find prosciutto, try ham instead but remember that wafer thin ham has a better texture for this dish.
Asparagus and prosciutto are considered to be gourmet ingredients and this is an elegant dish. It is both one of our fancy appetizer recipes and one of our easy party appetizers. Keep an eye on the asparagus while it is roasting. Thin asparagus spears will not take so long to cook and they might take less than ten minutes, so check on them before the end of the cooking time. If you wanted to, you could wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus before roasting it. This means the prosciutto would go crispy and be hot. This is a good way to make this recipe too but the combination of chilled prosciutto and warm asparagus is also good, so it is up to you.
- 20 stalks fresh asparagus
- 10 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shaved parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the asparagus spears by snapping off the dry stem ends.
- Put them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over the asparagus spears, sprinkle the salt and pepper on them, and toss them a bit.
- Roast the asparagus for about 12 minutes or until it is tender.
- Let it cool, and then wrap a piece of prosciutto around each spear, leaving the asparagus tips exposed.
- Arrange the prosciutto wrapped asparagus on a platter, scatter the parmesan shavings over the top, and serve at room temperature.
This colorful and tempting appetizer recipe is a simple combination of prosciutto and asparagus, with a little shaved parmesan as the garnish. If you run out of this tasty appetizer, you can rustle up some more in as little as fifteen minutes. Fancy appetizer recipes like these are great at a cocktail party, buffet, dinner party or any other event. You could even serve these as a side dish with an entree. Asparagus can be cooked in a variety of ways including steaming, sautéing and boiling, but roasted asparagus is especially soft and tender and goes wonderfully with the prosciutto.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)