Grape and Roquefort Cheese Canapes
If you are looking for easy party appetizers which you can make quickly, canapés are always a good solution. A canape is usually a piece of bread, toast, cracker or similar topped with ingredients. They are usually served cold and there are hundreds of variations. The following canapé recipe combines the sharp, salty flavor of Roquefort cheese with the sweetness of grapes. A tomato mayonnaise is used to stick the layers together and to add another flavor which complements both the grape and the cheese. A sprig of fresh parsley adds a splash of color and finishes these appetizers off in style.
You can serve holiday appetizer recipes like this one at any occasion and canapes always look appealing. Serve them with toothpicks through them to hold them together or just as they are. If you are using toothpicks, choose the brightly colored type with a decorative top, so people can see they are there. These easy party appetizers can be served chilled or at room temperature. If you are looking for make ahead appetizers, make these up to two hours before serving them and cover the tray with plastic wrap. This stops the cut side of the grape drying out and keeps the bread fresh.
If you are looking for the best canapés recipes, this one is simple yet a perfect blend of flavors, combining sweet with savory and saltiness with fruitiness. Everyone who pops one of these easy party appetizers into their mouth will very much enjoy the blend of different tastes and these appetizers are not too filling or heavy either. These would be good at a cocktail party or buffet. If they warm up to room temperature before people eat them, that will not matter much. Actually Roquefort cheese has a better flavor when it is a bit warmer.
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 6 oz sliced Roquefort (or another blue cheese)
- 8 red grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon tomato concentrate
- 16 sprigs fresh parsley, to garnish
- Stir the tomato concentrate and mayonnaise together.
- Spread ⅔ of the tomato mayonnaise mixture over the bread then cut each slice of bread into 4 squares.
- Top each bread square with a piece of Roquefort cheese and the rest of the tomato mayonnaise.
- Put a grape on top of each one and decorate with a sprig of fresh parsley.
- You can use toothpicks to hold these canapés together if you like.
These canapés are deceptively simple. This is the type of appetizer that you could make a large quantity of at one time if you get all your ingredients ready and work methodically. Nothing has to be cooked and you simply have to cut the bread, cheese and grape, stir the tomato concentrate into the mayonnaise and assemble them. If you want easy party appetizers, then you should consider holiday appetizer recipes like this one, because they are incredibly straightforward to assemble. Feel free to adjust the ingredients. Maybe you prefer horseradish to tomato puree, which would be good. You can leave off the parsley too, if you like, because it’s only for garnish.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)