Goat's Cheese Tartlets with Cranberry
If you are looking for elegant appetizers, these easy party appetizers would be perfect. Not only do they look fancy but the flavor is sophisticated too. Goat’s cheese is teamed with thyme, cranberry jelly, nutmeg and more for a light yet creamy and luxurious tartlet. You can serve these hot, warm or even chilled and they are perfect for a buffet, cocktail party or another event where you want to make fancy appetizer recipes to impress your guests.
You can vary the ingredients in these elegant appetizers if you like, perhaps substituting quince jelly for the cranberry jelly or blue cheese for the goat’s cheese. The goat’s cheese and cranberry combination is really good though, with the tangy cheese contrasting nicely with the sweet, sharp cranberry flavor. These tartlets are not too bit to spoil anyone’s appetite but they are warm, delicious and full of flavor, so they make satisfying little snacks. They look great and they taste even better. Their homemade appearance makes them look tempting as well.
Holiday appetizer recipes like these cranberry and goat’s cheese tartlets are ideal for any occasion and if you are making appetizers for thanksgiving, Christmas or another time of the year, these will be welcomed and appreciated alongside your other holiday appetizer recipes. Their elegant look is enough to make everyone want to taste at least one.
- 2 sheets partially thawed short crust pastry
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- ¼ cup cranberry jelly
- ⅔ cup light cream
- 12 leaves arugula, halved
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ oz goat's cheese, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 2 patty pans with round holes.
- Cut 12 rounds from each short crust pastry sheet using a 2 ½ inch pastry cutter.
- Line the holes in the patty pan with them.
- Put ½ teaspoon cranberry jelly in each one, then half an arugula leaf.
- Top with half the goat's cheese and sprinkle the thyme over the top.
- Whisk together the nutmeg, eggs and cream with a fork.
- Add the salt and pepper and pour this mixture into the tartlet shells.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tartlets are golden brown and puffed up.
- Let these elegant appetizers stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining goat's cheese and serve warm.
These small, elegant appetizers contain a heavenly duo of cranberry jelly and goat’s cheese. Arugula, cream, nutmeg and other flavors and ingredients are also used to fill these delicious little pastry cups and these are easy party appetizers with a bold, sophisticated taste of their own. You can see from the picture how appealing these appetizers look and you can probably imagine how good they taste with the creamy goat’s cheese filling warm and soft and the surprise cranberry jelly taste underneath. Holiday appetizer recipes like these goat’s cheese and cranberry cups always disappear fast at any kind of gathering.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)