Fried Wonton Appetizers
You can make these delicious fried wonton appetizers and come out looking like a professional chef. Not only do they taste great, they look fabulous on the platter. Each delectable bite is full of flavor and texture. From the crunchy fried noodle wrapper to the soft, moist filling inside, each bite is a winner. If you serve these, make sure you make enough because they will fly off the plate.
You can serve them with a dip if you wish. A traditional dip for wontons consists of soy sauce and a few other ingredients, but feel free to serve them with whatever dip you like best. They go along with almost anything. No one can resist these little golden bites of dim sum. You could, in fact, make an entire appetizer party with various dishes of dim sum to go along with your fried wontons.
Fried wontons can be served in a traditional Chinese meal made at home. They can accompany fried rice, sweet and sour pork, and other delicious dishes. You can also enjoy them for a snack. You can fill your wonton wrappers and then freeze them ahead of time. Just take out a bag to thaw whenever you feel in the mood for a quick Chinese snack. They are great fun to eat while you watch a movie or to serve when the family plays games. They also make a great late night snack when you get those late night munchies. Keep some on hand that you can quickly toss into the fryer so you can enjoy them anytime.
- 4 dried black mushrooms
- 1 leaf bok choy
- 1 green onion
- 1 slice ginger
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups oil for deep frying
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Water, as needed
- Clean the mushrooms. Soak them in warm water for 20 minutes to soften them. Squeeze out any excess water. Mince them and set aside.
- Wash and shred the leaf of bok choy. Wash and dice the onion. Mince the ginger slice until you have ½ teaspoon full. Set everything aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ground pork with the dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and sugar. Add the egg and the vegetables. Mix well. This is your filling.
- Heat the deep frying oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While it heats, make the wontons.
- Lay a wonton wrapper in front of you on your work surface. Cover the remaining wontons with a damp paper towel to keep them moist.
- Place one teaspoon full of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold up the edges of the wonton wrapper so it looks like a little pouch. Use a little water to wet the portions that touch. Press them together to seal them closed.
- Add a few of the stuffed wontons to the hot oil at a time, carefully sliding them in. Fry the wontons until they are golden in color. Turn them as needed so they brown evenly. Drain them on paper towels.
- Serve them immediately so they remain crisp.
Our crispy deep fried wontons are a real treat. Stuffed with a tasty filling, our wontons are simple to make and delicious to eat. Serve them with a dip or on their own as an appetizer, part of a meal or as a snack. The golden wonton wrapper is crunchy as you take each bite. Inside you find a delicious pork filling full of Asian flavors. When you see them on the plate, they look like they would require a lot of work to make, but really this dish is very easy to make.
Leave a Reply
- Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer November 23, 2014
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19326 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18619 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (16122 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14559 Views)
- Home (13280 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (12109 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11974 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11141 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10847 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9479 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9213 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8782 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8768 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8405 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Cold Appetizer Recipe (7752 Views)