Fancy Fish Salad Tiny Tartlets
These fish appetizers are simple to make and you can serve holiday appetizer recipes like this one at any occasion. Use readymade tartlet shells for convenience and make the fish salad yourself. The combination of salmon and tuna gives an interesting result because these two types of fish have very different flavors. The chili sauce gives a bit of a kick to this recipe of fish salad and the mayonnaise, tomato and Worcestershire sauce combine for a classic seafood sauce. Lemon juice also goes nicely with the fish salad flavor.
The garnish for these fancy fish salad tartlets is a combination of cucumber, corn and olives. Of course, you can vary this as much as you like. What about halved cherry tomatoes with a couple of capers or a sprig of fresh cilantro with a black olive? The possibilities for garnishes are endless and you can get creative with these. Make these fish salad tartlets in advance, if you want to, and you can chill them for an hour with plastic wrap over the top. Alternatively, another way of saving time is to make the fish salad recipe in the morning and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the tartlets, and then just assemble them later.
This fish salad tartlets are easy party appetizers and they would suit any event or gathering. Leave out the chili sauce if you don’t want them to be spicy and use any garnish you like. For a really basic snack, you don’t even have to put a garnish on this fish appetizer, but it doesn’t take long to decorate these tasty little treats.
- 20 small readymade tartlet shells
- 20 thin slices cucumber
- 40 pitted green olives
- 40 corn kernels
- 10 oz canned salmon
- 10 oz canned tuna
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Drain the salmon and tuna. Stir together the salmon, tuna, tomato puree, mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, celery and Worcestershire sauce.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste, if required. Divide this mixture between the tartlet shells.
- Cut each slice of cucumber into 2 halves, and then cut half of those in half again, so you end up with 20 halves and 40 quarters.
- Arrange the cucumber on top of the fish mixture, like in the photo, then garnish each one with the olives and corn.
- Chill for up to an hour, covered with plastic wrap, then serve.
This fancy appetizer recipe is so easy to put together. You just need to combine some basic ingredients to make a flavorful fish salad, and then spoon it into readymade pastry cups for these appetizers. Fish appetizers are always popular at any occasion and any time. You can see how using a colorful garnish, like in the photo, really makes holiday appetizer recipes like these stand out. The cucumber, olives and corn go well with the recipe of fish salad and these bite-sized appetizers will disappear quickly when you serve them. This appetizer recipe is especially nice in the spring or summer when your guests are looking for something chilled and light to nibble on.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)