Endive with Avocado Homemade Salsa Recipe
This cold appetizer has a great flavor. The ingredients are quite simple and you just need a homemade salsa and some endive to make it. One of the most special things about this appetizer though is its beautiful garnish. You can be creative with garnishes and use your own ideas to make something really spectacular. Examples of a nice garnish include half a kiwi fruit with some flowers in it or a baby pineapple. When you are preparing food, remember that you want it to look good as well as taste good. Your centerpiece can be edible or just for decoration (make sure your guests know which!) A centerpiece garnish which is a different color from the food looks the best.
The salsa is made with cucumber, avocado and tomato, as well as onions and fresh herbs. The dressing is a simple combination of oil, vinegar, and garlic. Do not underestimate the amazing flavor of this salsa because it really is good. It will have an obviously homemade taste as well, which is always a good thing. Homemade salsa recipes always taste so much fresher than the bland, slightly stale ones you can get in the store.
If you are having a dinner party or making food for a buffet, this would be a great recipe to go for. You can make the salsa up to a few hours in advance and keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve this wonderful snack. Feel free to double or triple the recipe. It will not take any longer to make.
- 1 endive
- 2 green onions
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ deseeded cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Chives and fresh dill, as needed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely dice the cucumber, avocado, and tomato.
- Chop the onions, dill, and chives.
- Combine everything in a bowl and add the garlic, vinegar, and oil.
- Mix together well and scoop a spoonful of the salsa on to each chicory leaf.
- If you are making this as an appetizer, a good serving idea is to have a centerpiece garnish and arrange the endive leaves around that.
As you can see from the picture, this endive salad recipe is very attractive. If you are looking for colorful recipe ideas you have found the perfect one. The homemade salsa is very flavorful and you can make it in advance if you want to, which is good news if you have a lot of different recipes to make before your dinner party, buffet or whatever event you are catering for. This delicious recipe is perfect for a spring or summertime dinner party and you can even serve it as a side dish alongside fish or seafood.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37773 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)