Chilled Endive Appetizer with Homemade Mango Salsa
This wonderful and easy appetizer recipe combines sweet flavors with bitter ones, for a slightly spiced and wonderfully flavored appetizer. The salsa is made with onions, tomatoes, bell pepper and mango and the lime, mustard, honey and cilantro dressing gives this delicious appetizer a Mexican flavor. The jalapeno gives it just the right amount of fire and the endive leaves are like edible spoons. Salsa is a great appetizer and it is often served with tortilla chips or corn chips. The endive leaves mean your guests can enjoy the salsa without having to dip something into it. There are all kinds of mixtures you can use as an endive filling if you do not want to use salsa. What about a Greek style feta and cherry tomato salad, a tuna and corn in sour cream and mayonnaise mixture or a fruity apple, banana and raisin filling? These would be great too.
You do not have to use a kiwi for garnish but the colors go nicely with the other ingredients in these easy party appetizers. The vibrant red, green, and orange colors are enough to tempt all your guests to help themselves to one of these tasty appetizers. Appetizer recipes can be appealing whether or not they are colorful but brightly colored fruit and vegetables make this endive appetizer recipe look especially good and nobody will be disappointed when they bite into one.
You can make this appetizer recipe in advance, which is handy if you are looking for make ahead appetizers. Make the salsa and store it in a small bowl covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Keep the chili, limejuice, mustard, and honey in another bowl and combine everything just before serving. This is one of the easiest party appetizers you can make and the flavor is amazing.
- 2 endives
- 1 jalapeno chili
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup honey
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 small mango
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ kiwi, for garnish
- Fresh flowers and leaves, for garnish
- Trim the bottoms off the endives, then separate the leaves.
- Finely dice the bell pepper, onion, mango, tomatoes, and chili pepper.
- Combine the chili, limejuice, mustard, tomatoes, honey, bell pepper, onion, mango, and cilantro in a bowl and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Put a teaspoon of salsa on the bottom end of each endive leaf and arrange them on a platter.
- To make the garnish, stick some fresh flowers and leaves into the kiwi half.
If you are looking for vibrant and colorful appetizer recipes, look no further than this delicious Mexican salsa appetizer. Combining the sweet flavors of honey, mango, and tomatoes with the sharpness of red onion, lime juice and mustard, this salsa is a wonderful blend of flavors. The cilantro adds an herby flavor and the jalapeno livens it up. The endive leaf is handy for serving this cold appetizer recipe and this is a light and fragrant appetizer, which will not spoil anyone’s appetite for his or her entree. Whether you want summer appetizer recipes, fancy appetizer recipes, or just easy party appetizers, this recipe fits the bill perfectly.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)