Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates
These flavorful dates are stuffed with tasty blue cheese, then wrapped in bacon and baked. They are easy party appetizers and, because you can serve them at room temperature, you can get these made a few hours before the party if that is more convenient.
Dates and blue cheese are a classic combination because the sweet dates contrast so well with the sharp tasting blue cheese. The bacon is the perfect finishing tough to this blue cheese stuffed dates recipe because it adds a wonderful crispness. Your guests will adore these stuffed dates appetizers and with only three ingredients in the recipe you will love making them.
You can see all the layers in this blue cheese stuffed dates recipe so your guests will know what to expect when they bite into them. This is an incredibly easy recipe to make and you can either bake, fry or grill these bacon stuffed dates appetizers. Try another type of cheese if you like, such as feta for Greek stuffed dates or mozzarella for Italian stuffed dates. Blue cheese is considered by many people to be the best filling though, because it is soft, creamy and strong and the flavor stands up to the bacon flavor.
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cut in half
- 4 oz blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice each date in half without cutting all the way through.
- Use your fingers to press blue cheese into the cut part.
- Wrap each one with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange the stuffed dates on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 18 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Gently pull out the toothpicks and serve right away.
Bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates are very simple to put together and you can see the different layers in this photo. This is a wonderful appetizer recipe because of the combination of textures and flavors. Blue cheese varies in flavor, depending which blue cheese you use. A strong one is capable of standing up to the bacon and date flavors without overpowering them, or perhaps you prefer a milder cheese, which is also nice. These stuffed dates appetizers are a welcome addition to any buffet spread or dinner party and they taste amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)