Quick and Easy Sausage Rolls
These easy sausage rolls are really versatile. You can experiment with flavored sausages. Lamb and mint sausages, pork and apple sausages and beef and onion sausages are all gorgeous and make a nice filling. Also, have fun experimenting with the fillings. You don’t have to use red onion jelly or cranberry sauce, although cranberry sauce is very festive. What about mustard, apple sauce, sun-dried tomato paste, pesto or mango chutney? Any of these fillings would be delicious with the sausage.
If you want to know how to make sausage rolls, this is a highly recommended recipe because it is so simple. You just need egg, pastry, sausages and some kind of jelly or sauce. This is one of the easiest holiday appetizer recipes and you can easily double or triple the recipe. Sausage rolls are nice hot, warm or cold but it is a good idea to let the cool off for five or ten minutes after baking them because the sausage will be really hot when they first come out of the oven.
Rather than making something filling, like artery clogging Scottish sausage bacon rolls, simple sausage rolls like these are a classic example of festive and easy party appetizers and you can be creative with holiday appetizer recipes like this one, choosing which sausages to use and which sauce, chutney or jelly to combine with the sausage filling. You can get big sausage rolls and smaller ones but for easy party appetizers make a mini sausage rolls recipe like this one and they will go down a storm.
- 13 oz puff pastry, ready rolled
- 1 beaten egg
- 5 thick pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons red onion jelly or cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the pastry into 10 pieces, each one measuring 4 x 2 ¾ inches.
- Put a spoonful of red onion jelly or cranberry sauce in each one.
- Cut the sausages in half.
- Peel the skins off.
- Put the sausages on the jelly or sauce and roll the pastry around the sausage.
- Use the beaten egg to seal the sausage rolls.
- Grease a baking sheet with the melted butter and put the sausage rolls on there, sealed side down.
- Brush more egg over them so they get a shiny glaze when they cook.
- Bake these easy sausage rolls for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Cool them on a wire rack for 10 minutes then serve them warm.
These golden brown sausage rolls look every bit as nice as they taste. Whether you choose to spread jelly, mustard, cranberry sauce or chutney over the pastry before enclosing the sausages, this extra flavor will come as a welcome surprise to your guests. The traditional pastry for sausage rolls is puff pastry because it is light, flaky and goes perfectly with the meaty sausage filling. These easy party appetizers are great for Christmas or any other festive event and everybody is sure to love the fact you have made them yourself instead of buying them readymade.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15183 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13838 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13404 Views)