One of the Best Mini Corn Dogs Recipes
When it comes to the best Superbowl recipes, mini corn dogs recipes are always popular. These delicious little snacks are great served with other Superbowl food, including chicken wings, ribs, mini hamburgers, chips and dips and more. Mini corn dogs, which are also known as corn puppies, are just as easy to make as regular corn dogs but their smaller size makes them better as appetizers because your guests won’t be too full up after eating one to sample all your other delicious appetizer recipes.
The yellow cornmeal is largely responsible for the corn flavor and the appetizing yellow color of mini corn dogs recipes and the other batter ingredients combine perfectly to make a light and crispy batter, which contrasts nicely with the smooth, meaty wieners or smokies. If you want to make full size corn dogs, just use bigger hot dogs.
Most people love corn dogs but not everyone has tried mini corn dogs. Whether you are catering for adults, kids or a mixed group, these delicious mini corn dogs will disappear quickly as people realize what they are and how delicious they taste. This is definitely one of the nicest mini corn dogs recipes to make because the flavors are well balanced and the resulting mini corn dogs taste incredibly. This is certainly one of the best Superbowl party recipes to make if you want to impress your friends and family with your appetizers.
- 1 lb smokies or small wieners
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine the baking powder, flour, sugar, salt, milk, and cornmeal in a bowl.
- Add the shortening and stir well to mix everything together.
- Stir in the egg until you have a smooth batter.
- Put a toothpick or small skewer into the base of each wiener and leave exposed about an inch of the toothpick to act as a handle.
- Dip each wiener into the batter, making sure they are covered evenly.
- You can use a knife to help spread the batter over the wieners if that is easier.
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees F in a deep fryer and cook the mini corn dogs until the batter is golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the mini corn dogs on paper towels and serve them warm with ketchup,
- Dijon mustard and mayonnaise, so people can serve themselves.
You can see from the photo how delicious these mini corn dogs look. Mini corn dogs recipes are easy to follow and all similar. Our recipe for mini corn dogs is really straightforward to make, even for beginner home cooks. Homemade mini corn dogs look delicious and when your guests take their first bite they will not be disappointed with these hot, crispy and mouthwatering Superbowl snacks. You can serve whichever dips you want with mini corn dogs recipes but ketchup and mustard are a classic duo and most people will have one or the other of these dips, or both, on their mini corn dogs.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)