Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings
There is much debate on where the cheeseburger as we know it today started and there are a few that claim the title of the home of the modern American hamburger but no matter which story you choose to believe there is no doubt as to America’s love of this meaty sandwich. What you may not have know though is you can down size these into what are known as sliders and serve them to party goers as an appetizer.
Now on this site we offer you other versions of this little gem but in this recipe we go all out and load them up into a towering colossal of a slider kind of the king of sliders if you so chose. I mean just because we are downsizing the meat and bun doesn’t mean we can load them up with all the things we love about the full-size version. I mean just because it is smaller doesn’t mean we need to compromise on the flavor combination.
To round out this appetizer gone Americana are some lovely full sized onion rings that are so much better than the frozen kind. In the batter I use buttermilk to infuse the onion rings in a deeply rich batter that will give plenty of crisp and delicious flavors to envelop the tender onion inside. It is like a nice winter jacket on a cold day and will deliver you a nice warm and tasty onion ring just like your favorite dinner.
- 1 lbs. 80--85% ground beef
- Granulated garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices Swiss-American or cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Dill or bread and butter pickle chips as needed
- Shredded lettuce
- 8 slider buns
- 2 large sweet onions cut into rings ¼ to ⅜ inch thick
- Canola oil for frying
- ¾ cup bread flour
- ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill pan to medium high.
- Form the ground beef into patties about ⅛ of a pound each try to keep them about the size of the buns and make them medium thick.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill plate and give them a dash each of the Worcestershire sauce, follow this up with a sprinkling of granulated garlic to your garlic preference.
- Cook until meat juices appear on top, then flip and cook to desired doneness.
- In the last minute or so of cooking add the cheese and allow to melt.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half if not already.
- Spread mayonnaise on the top and bottom buns if using.
- Place some shredded lettuce on the bottom bun.
- Top this with one of the cheeseburger sliders.
- Top with a slice of tomato; followed by your choice of pickle chips about 3 per burger.
- Add ketchup and mustard if using and then the top bun.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve to your guest along with some onion rings.
- Preheat the oil to 375 digress F.
- To start cut your onions into rings.
- In a bowl, add the flour, buttermilk, egg, garlic and salt and pepper to your liking use a hand blender to incorporate all the ingredients into a batter.
- Take and with a fork slowly dip the rings in the batter and then let them drip for a moment then gently add them to the hot oil, make sure the oil is at the proper temperature.
- Don't over crowd them you do not want them to stick to each other.
- Remove from the hot oil and allow to drain on layer of paper towels.
Sliders take and make cheeseburgers into an appetizer that will be very popular with your guest. This makes a nice summer or barbecue appetizer and this recipe can easily be made on a gas grill or barbecue instead of a grill pan. To accompany these classic cheeseburger sliders we make some homemade onion rings to go along side them and make it a full finger food banquet. If you have never made your own onion rings you are in for a treat homemade are so much better than the frozen kind. The sliders in this recipe are fully loaded so they are really substantial.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)