How to Make Corn Dogs
A corn dog is a hot dog, which has been covered in cornbread batter and then deep fried. Nearly all corn dogs are served on popsicle sticks. Corn dogs are also known as pogos, dagwood dogs, Mercury mutts, corny dogs, and Pluto pups. Nobody is quite sure how or when corn dogs were invented, although they are believed to have been invented around 1940. Corn dogs are popular in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Korea, and Japan, as well as all over the United States.
The following recipe for corn dogs is really flavorful and the cornmeal batter is perfect. If you want to make mini corn dogs or corn puppies, you can use one pound of mini hot dogs instead of ten big ones. If you are making Superbowl food recipes, this corn dog recipe is really easy to follow and the results are very tasty.
Serve these corn dogs at your Superbowl party with onion rings, French fries and ribs and your guests will be in heaven. These corn dogs are very quick to make, as well as easy, and you simply need to mix the batter, dip the hot dogs in it, and deep fry them for about four minutes. Corn dogs are a great snack or appetizer recipe and the whole family will love them, as well as any guests you have over.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 10 hot dogs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, chili powder, sugar, and salt in one bowl and beat the eggs with ¼ cup of the oil and all the milk in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, whisking well until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees F in a deep fryer.
- Insert a popsicle stick or wooden skewer into each hot dog to make a handle, and then dip each one in to the batter, turning until the hot dogs are coated evenly.
- Fry a few at a time for about 4 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Drain them on brown paper or paper towels and serve warm.
These delicious corn dogs will look and taste just like the ones you fondly remember from the fair. Corn dogs are popular Superbowl recipes and they are also great snacks at any time. Serve them with mustard, relish, mayonnaise, or ketchup and they will taste delicious. Because these are deep fried, it is best to let them rest for 5 or 10 minutes before serving them, else people might burn their mouths. You can get corn dogs from fast food outlets and you can also get pre-made ones, which have been thawed and fried again. Microwavable corn dogs are not very good either because the cornbread coating does not crisp. These homemade corn dogs, however, are amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29240 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13795 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13362 Views)