Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes Appetizer Recipe
Technically the “aioli” in this roast potatoes with aioli recipe is “alioli”. Alioli is the Spanish form of the French aioli, which literally means oil and garlic. Ai means garlic and oli means oil. Alioli is usually made without egg yolks but they do stabilize the mixture and stop it from separating. You can make the aioli a day ahead if you like. If you aren’t worried about following the traditional aioli recipe you can simply mince some garlic and stir it into mayonnaise. That is an equally nice dip and goes beautifully with the potatoes.
Feel free to use baby potatoes into of big potatoes chopped into chunks. Any kind of potato is great for making these easy party appetizers and you can serve this tasty dish with toothpicks for people to serve themselves. This is one of the most warming and satisfying holiday appetizer recipes. It is filling so don’t give people too much before their entree! You can also serve this roast potatoes and aioli recipe as a side dish alongside any meat, fish or poultry dish. It would even go with a vegetarian meal. If you love easy potato recipes, you will love the way the delicious garlic dressing complements this appetizer recipe.
Roast potatoes smell wonderful and so does the garlic dressing so you can imagine what an amazing aroma these easy party appetizers would give off. If you want to tempt your guests to eat, the smell of this tasty dish is enough. If you want to make a few dishes for people to nibble at, this is a nice easy one. You can chill the aioli until you are ready to serve it and the potatoes can be left baking until they are done, freeing up your time to concentrate on other dishes.
- 2 lbs peeled potatoes, in 1 inch cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 quartered cloves garlic
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of oil, paprika and half the salt with the potatoes and roast them uncovered until they are crispy and golden brown.
- This will take about 40 minutes.
- Add the garlic, egg yolks and remaining salt to a blender or food processor and add the ¾ cup of olive oil until the mixture is thick.
- Divide the roast potatoes between serving plates and drizzle the aioli over the top.
- Alternatively, arrange the roast potatoes on a big serving platter and serve the aioli in a bowl alongside so people can dip their own potatoes.
Roast potatoes might be better known as a side dish than as one of the better known easy party appetizers but don’t underestimate how good this recipe is. “Patatas bravas” is a Catalan recipe and this Spanish dish combines salsa brava, which is a spicy orange-colored sauce with aioli and roast potatoes. It is often enjoyed with tapas recipes, as well as for a side dish. Roast potatoes are hot, satisfying and delicious and the contrast between the crispy roast potatoes and chilled aioli is fantastic. You can double the aioli recipe if you like and serve it as one of your dip recipes for vegetable crudités or breadsticks.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)