Eggplant Easy Party Appetizers
If you want to make easy party appetizers, which do not take long, what about these eggplant easy, party appetizers? You can make them in advance, if you want to prepare make ahead appetizers, then fry them until the cheese starts to melt and ooze out. Keep them in the refrigerator until you are almost ready to serve them, and then warm them up quickly. These eggplant slices are stuffed with mozzarella, basil, and prosciutto. You could serve them with a tomato salsa or a tomato sauce because the tomato flavor would go really well with them. Alternatively, just serve them as they are, leaving the toothpicks in so people can pick them up easily.
Try to make the eggplant slices quite thin so you can roll them around the filling. You can also make these easy party appetizers on the grill or in the oven, depending on what you have available and the weather. Serve this tasty appetizer hot or warm for the best results. They would also be good chilled if you are looking for summer appetizer recipes. If you want to serve them chilled, fry them with the cheese inside, and let it melt, then chill them and the cheese will set in the shape it melted into.
If you want to, you can use zucchini instead of eggplant for these easy party appetizers. Slice them thinly lengthwise and follow the recipe the same way. Alternatively, you could make some with zucchini and some with eggplant and arrange the two varieties nicely on a serving platter. To simplify these easy party appetizers further, just use the cheese instead of the basil and prosciutto. Eggplant-wrapped cheese sounds simple but is very tasty and makes a nice, light appetizer.
- 1 eggplant, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 package mozzarella cheese, cut into domino-sized rectangles
- 5 big basil leaves
- 1 package prosciutto
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Fry the eggplant slices in a non-stick skillet until they are browned and softened.
- Wrap half a basil leaf and a slice of prosciutto around the cheese, then a strip of eggplant.
- Secure them with toothpicks.
- Fry the eggplant easy party appetizers until the cheese starts to melt, then serve them warm, garnished with mint leaves.
Easy party appetizers like these stuffed eggplant slices can taste just as good as a more complicated appetizer recipe. Stuffed with prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil, these stuffed easy party appetizers have plenty of contrasting flavors. They are easy to make and they are so flavorful. Whatever kind of dinner or party you are planning, why not consider making these eggplant easy party appetizers for your guests to enjoy? Make them ahead as make ahead appetizers and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to heat them through or just make them when you need them. A simple garnish of fresh mint is all you need for these delicious eggplant appetizers, unless you want to serve some tomato sauce or salsa with them.
Leave a Reply
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19195 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18365 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15341 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14081 Views)
- Home (13149 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11899 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11747 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11009 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10399 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9319 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9063 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8619 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8436 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8272 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7625 Views)