Easy Gorgonzola Bacon Appetizer Recipe
The best appetizers are those that make the mouth water in anticipation and these hot, salty bacon and cheese appetizers do just that. Bacon-wrapped nibbles are always popular and you can choose from scallop wrapped in bacon appetizers, a bacon wrapped prune appetizer, a recipe for bacon wrapped sausage appetizer and more. If you want to combine salty bacon with something sweet you could wrap the bacon around dates or banana chunks. Bacon-wrapped cheese is a great appetizer and you can use any kind of cheese you like.
Gorgonzola is an especially tasty cheese to use in this bacon appetizers recipe because it is naturally salty. It is also firm enough to hold its shape when heated. If you want to add some sweetness, feel free to put a small piece of banana in each appetizer. When you put the toothpicks through the cheese and bacon, make sure they go through the banana too, so the appetizers do not fall apart in the deep fryer. You might want to put two toothpicks through each one, in a cross shape, just to make sure. You can serve these appetizers with fresh toothpicks or let them cool down enough so people can use their fingers to pick them up.
This bacon appetizer recipe shows you how simple it is to make easy party appetizers with just a few ingredients. You only need cheese, bacon, and oil to make these and you can make them in five minutes. It is important to let this gorgonzola bacon appetizer rest for at least five minutes after cooking it. This is both so the fat can drain off and so they are not too hot for your guests to eat.
- 2 lbs gorgonzola cheese
- 12 strips smoked bacon
- Oil for deep-frying
- 12 toothpicks
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato puree
- 1 oz package ranch dressing mix
- Preheat a deep fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the cheese into 12 pieces.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of cheese and secure it with a toothpick.
- Drop the bacon-wrapped cheese blocks carefully into the hot oil and cook them until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- This will take about 4 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove the appetizers and drain them on brown paper.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, and then remove the toothpicks.
- Stir the ranch dressing mix and tomato puree into the sour cream and transfer this dip into a small dish.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped gorgonzola appetizers on a serving platter and put the dish of dip in the center.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped gorgonzola appetizers warm.
Something as simple as bacon-wrapped cheese can make a wonderful appetizer. Fancy appetizer recipes do not have to take all day to create and you can make this gorgonzola and bacon appetizer in five minutes. Mix the dip ingredients while these bacon-wrapped cheese bites fry and you will have an attractive and appealing dish ready before you know it. Easy party appetizers like this always go down well at any gathering. They might look difficult to make but that could not be further from the truth. These appetizers are easy to put together and they are guaranteed to taste absolutely amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13786 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)